walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Whernside

Whernside

Postby susanmyatt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Whernside

Date walked: 04/09/2011

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

First report for some time, a glorious day and great walk on Whernside, brought back wonderful memories of our Three Peaks Challenge done for a local hospice, a rainy day but wonderful experience. Today was great and there was plenty of fellow walkers as we parked near to the superb Ribblehead Viaduct.
IMG_0055.JPG
Lisa and Nick
IMG_0057.JPG
Myself and Brian
IMG_0059.JPG
Great views
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
Nearing the railway signal box
Lisa was chuffed to be sporting her new Osprey rucksack and wanted to show it off
IMG_0066.JPG
New sack
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
Team shot thanks to fellow walker
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
Nick relaxes as Lisa and Brian consult the OS
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG
Whernside summit, not my flags though
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG
The car beckons!
A great day out, thanks to all :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Re: Whernside

Postby GarryH » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:22 pm

susanmyatt wrote:First report for some time,

Nice one susan,seen you`ve replied to some posts but thought you`d hung your boots up.
GarryH

Postby colgregg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Great pics and a good report, It was a nice day on Sunday. I was on Great knoutberry fell, a few miles north of you, on Sunday collecting another Hewitt. Coincidently I met a party who were on there way up and one of the group was of similar appearance to yourself which got me thinking "was that Susan?" Obviously it wasn't, but still strange to think you were all walking so close at hand.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Postby susanmyatt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:57 pm

I must have a few doubles, someone compared me to a Munro walker in previous posts, still walking, will be in the Lakes in October so hope to do some more Wainwrights :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland