walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

BLENCATHRA - QUICKIE

BLENCATHRA - QUICKIE

Postby susanmyatt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Blencathra

Hewitts included on this walk: Blencathra

Date walked: 20/09/2009

Distance: 8 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi, went to the Lakes for the weekend stopping in a lovely new build cottage in Threlkeld, I travelled up with my son and got there around 2.30pm, my husband was travelling up later and I thought I would explore the foothills of Blencathra which backed onto the cottage. Well you know how it goes, armed with the map I set off towards Blease Fell and before I knew it :D I was striding along the Saddleback towards the summit. My husband was slightly shocked when I phoned him to explain where I was. Sadly he had the cameras and I only had the phone to get some shots. A nice afternoon with quite a few people on the top. The next day we were in Borrowdale, will put that walk on later, thanks Sue :D
Photo-0040.jpg
The ridge
Photo-0042.jpg
Views
Photo-0045.jpg
Views
Photo-0046.jpg
Views
Photo-0047.jpg
Yours truly
Photo-0048.jpg
Stone cross
Photo-0052.jpg
Great views
Photo-0054.jpg
Blencathra ridge
Photo-0055.jpg
Me on summit, number 66
Last edited by susanmyatt on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Re: BLENCATHRA - QUICKIE

Postby mountain coward » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 am

Yep, I know how it is :D I'm always setting off for a little explore and ending up on high summits! :D
mountain coward

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland