walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Snowdonia

Snowdonia

Postby DJG78 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 am

Hewitts included on this walk: Snowdon - Yr Wyddfa

Date walked: 23/05/2009

Time taken: 4

Distance: 12 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Climbed this from Llanberis pass car park. Absolutly stunning walk. Thought i did really well reaching the summit in 2 hrs, Only to be told later by a smug Welshman that i started half way up the mountian at llanberis. The gay route he called it!! One of the best walks for great weather and views i have ever done.
DJG78
Mountain Walker

Munros:81   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Re: Snowdonia

Postby mountain coward » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:44 am

Did you start from Llanberis village car parking or the top of the pass at Pen Y Pass? If you started from Llanberis that's just about the longest route and nearly the most climbing. The most climbing is on the south side (Watkin Path) and the least is from Pen Y Pass on the PYG track or the Miners' Track. You sound to have done pretty well anyway - 2 hours certainly isn't bad on any of the routes! :)
mountain coward

Postby DJG78 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi mate. Thanks or the replys. Sorry about the very late reply. Not really used to using this site or replying to posts yet. yes it was the Pyg Track. I will be doing it properly next time. :D
DJG78
Mountain Walker

Munros:81   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Postby colgregg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:00 pm

You should have told him you'd thrown in Crib Goch on the way. That would have shut him up.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland