walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walla Crag

Walla Crag

Postby Jane Yates » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Walla Crag

Date walked: 22/04/2012

Time taken: 1

Distance: 2.4 km

Ascent: 150m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Lovely sunny evening walk up Walla Crag with Maisy and Lewis. After a hectic day, starting high up was a great way of getting up a Wainwright in a short space of time with tired children. And they thought I was joking when I said we were going and it was 5.30pm!!! Stunning views over Derwent Water and surrounding fells. The kids think it is great to be able to see look across to Dodd and Latrigg where they were recently! I love the way that when coming down it makes them feel so energised... nothing quite like it!
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jane Yates
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:107   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland