walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - Jumpingpound Mountain - A little Cracker

Canada - Jumpingpound Mountain - A little Cracker

by ChrisW » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Date walked: 11/06/2012

Time taken: 3

Distance: 8.4 km

Ascent: 437m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - Jumpingpound Mountain - A little Cracker

Postby Border Reiver » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:39 am

I enjoyed reading your report and seeing the pics of The Rockies.
I was in the area for a week in 1978, based at David Thompson resort. We travelled with relatives and visited both Banff and Jasper areas among others, but the only walk I got was in the Siffleur Wilderness. I got a lecture from our kinfolk for leaving the trail...it never occurred to me that there's things out there that might want to eat me. The Rockies are truly awesome and I'd love to return some day.
Border Reiver
Wanderer

Munros:202   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:69   Islands:33

Postby BlackPanther » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 am

Wow! and I almost missed your TR :lol: :lol:
Your stories never disappoint me and Canadian mountains are simply stunning.
Bad weather forecast for this weekend so we'll probably end up watching footie, certainly won't miss Poland vs Czech Rep on Sat evening :lol:
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby ChrisW » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Border Reiver wrote:I enjoyed reading your report and seeing the pics of The Rockies.
I was in the area for a week in 1978, based at David Thompson resort. We travelled with relatives and visited both Banff and Jasper areas among others, but the only walk I got was in the Siffleur Wilderness. I got a lecture from our kinfolk for leaving the trail...it never occurred to me that there's things out there that might want to eat me. The Rockies are truly awesome and I'd love to return some day.

Cheers BR, David Thompson resort is an ideal location for visiting the area, it's a shame you didn't get a few more hikes in...maybe you'll have to come back :wink:

BlackPanther wrote:Wow! and I almost missed your TR :lol: :lol: Your stories never disappoint me and Canadian mountains are simply stunning. Bad weather forecast for this weekend so we'll probably end up watching footie, certainly won't miss Poland vs Czech Rep on Sat evening :lol:

Thanks BP, it's easy to miss a report nowadays, every time I click the Scotland section there are another dozen or so, I just can't keep up any more :shock: I'm loving the footie but the kick off times are a bit wonky over here starting at 10am and taking most of the day.....recording is the only way :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby ndhudson » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 pm

ChrisW wrote:Thanks ND, you've been very quiet down there in glorious Utah, it must be about time we saw some more of that breathtaking scenery :wink: I've managed 25 hikes out here so far covering 250km, I plotted them on a map and it looks like a thimble in an ocean :shock: I have many, many peaks to go :lol:

Probably won't be seeing too many hikes from us this year...Gale had a fairly serious snowmobiling accident and won't be back up to speed for about 6 months. :( We had to put everything on hold...including the wedding. He's ok though...just a few surgeries and broken bones that need healing. So now, more than ever, I need your fab reports and as often as possible. 25 is fantastic start...keep going!!!
ndhudson
Munro compleatist

Corbetts:1

Postby ChrisW » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:48 am

ndhudson wrote:Probably won't be seeing too many hikes from us this year...Gale had a fairly serious snowmobiling accident and won't be back up to speed for about 6 months. :( We had to put everything on hold...including the wedding. He's ok though...just a few surgeries and broken bones that need healing. So now, more than ever, I need your fab reports and as often as possible. 25 is fantastic start...keep going!!!

Well that's just gutting, so sorry to hear that ND, I feel an idiot now :( at least he'll fix (I've been down that miserable and frustrating road myself :( ) My best wishes to you both. Make sure he doesn't try to push the recovery too hard, I did that and it cost me another year :roll:
I'm just back from an absolutely spectacular ridge hike, may get it posted by sunday....it will be well worth a look :wink:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

5 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland