walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Manesty Monster (is no more...)

The Manesty Monster (is no more...)

Postby mountain coward » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:16 am

Date walked: 16/11/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This used to live in someone's very wild garden at Manesty on the far shores of Derwentwater - unfortunately they must have moved house and the new owners mustn't have had the sense to keep it. It was quite an attraction for passing walkers with cameras - unfortunately he is no more (well unless they took him with them when they moved..)
Manesty Monster.jpg
mountain coward

Re: The Manesty Monster (is no more...)

Postby 37lumleyst » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Perhaps they took it with them - shame its gone non the less
37lumleyst

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:49
Wainwrights:56   

Postby mountain coward » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 am

I hope they took it with them if they moved - I suppose there's also the option it may have rotted away tho... although it looks sound there.
mountain coward

Postby canisp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:17 pm

It reminds me of the sculptures in Grizedale forest, it would have fitted in well there.
canisp

Munros:281   Corbetts:191
Fionas:28   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:213   

Postby mountain coward » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 am

Well that's not far away... I wonder if they either; a) nicked/borrowed it from there or, b) took it up there 'cos it was lonely? :D
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland