walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A wonderful Wainwright wander

A wonderful Wainwright wander

by SMRussell » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Allen Crags, Bowfell, Esk Pike, Great End, Lingmell, Scafell, Scafell Pike, Seathwaite Fell

Hewitts included on this walk: Allen Crags, Bowfell, Esk Pike, Great End, Lingmell, Scafell, Scafell Pike

Date walked: 18/06/2012

Distance: 25.8 km

Ascent: 2249m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A wonderful Wainwright wander

Postby SMRussell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm

simon-b wrote:Sorry I'm late replying to this one, SM. I've been preoccupied with my own cross-border trip the other way recently.You certainly picked a good round for your first Wainwrights, and a visit to a beautiful tarn, Sprinkling Tarn, too. You got some nice pictures of Great Gable and Blencathra as well as the hills you climbed.

It's also possible to find some quieter roues in Lakeland.

You were probably safer going into Lord's Rake this year than you would have been a few years ago. There's a chockstone in there that will fall at some point, though.

No worries Simon. May I also take this opportunity to say, every time I saw the title 'What a Forcan Ridge' I couldn't help but grin :lol:

This was a grand day out by all accounts

charliebloke1 wrote:Great report and I think i'll be stealing this one next year!
....even as a confirmed pale ale drinker :shock: this looks a cracking walk!

Light ale :crazy: Not sure this is the walk for your sort :lol: Looking forward to reading the report if you do follow in our footsteps, it was indeed a cracker!
SMRussell

Munros:184   Corbetts:20
Fionas:16   Donalds:34
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:103   Islands:11

16 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland