walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Solo hiking in the Bulgarian mountains in winter-Musala Peak

Solo hiking in the Bulgarian mountains in winter-Musala Peak

by Mountainlove » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 am

Date walked: 23/02/2013

Time taken: 6

Ascent: 2925m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Solo hiking in the Bulgarian mountains in winter-Musala

Postby Mountainlove » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:Excellent stuff Mountainlove, really enjoyed your video and wonderful photographs. Having never climbed outside Scotland myself that was a bit of an eye opener. It must have been something real special being up there more or less on your own, and to get a cuppa on the top along with all the buildings in amongst the snow cornices, something else :lol: :clap:

Many thanks. It was special, but also a bit scary when you expect a lot of people and see none for the first half of the day...made me think...do they know something I don't?
But hiking outside Scotland is special and I can only recommend it :D
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby ChrisW » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:15 pm

An absolute belter ML, when you stepped off the path and into waist deep snow it made me chuckle.....that's every bloody hike around here :lol: I really enjoyed this and you deserved all of those congratulations from passers by, its a fair old drag up a 'big un' in the snow path or no path. :clap: Love those wonderful winter scenes in the photos and glad you got your reward with clear views from the summit :D

I've been in the flat lands of Linclonshire for 10 days but brought bronchitis back to Calgary with me so currently the stairs in my house feel like a mountain :roll:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Mountainlove » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:36 am

ChrisW wrote:An absolute belter ML, when you stepped off the path and into waist deep snow it made me chuckle.....that's every bloody hike around here :lol: I really enjoyed this and you deserved all of those congratulations from passers by, its a fair old drag up a 'big un' in the snow path or no path. :clap: Love those wonderful winter scenes in the photos and glad you got your reward with clear views from the summit :D

I've been in the flat lands of Linclonshire for 10 days but brought bronchitis back to Calgary with me so currently the stairs in my house feel like a mountain :roll:

Many thanks Chris! Lol for you snow like that must be so normal :-) Have to say that I do not envy you...it is so hard going!! That what snow shoes are made for!!
Hope your bronchitis will be getter better soon...stairs feel like mountains...that like coming home after a long walk and have to climb stairs...rather painful business as well 8)
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland