walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

St Bees to Sandwith on the C2C

St Bees to Sandwith on the C2C

Postby footix2 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:45 pm

Date walked: 24/05/2013

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not quite in the Lake District but close enough. This wasn't the start of a C2C, but a walk with the Wainwright Society as part of the 40th anniversary celebration of the Coast to Coast.

I slight change of tack for me this, but very local to my house and an enjoyable walk if you are ever kicking your heels in West Cumbria

The beach at St Bees

Heading towards the steeper bit. The last time I climbed St Bees was before I started walking, and it seemed much easier now.

Fleswick Bay comes into view

Access to Fleswick Bay

The view across Fleswick Bay

Our lunch stop

Dolphin spotting boat (I believe)

St Bees Lighthouse

Across the cliffs towards Whitehaven

...and back towards St Bees (the murk now going)

Evaporation from the fields

The path widens

A sandstone quarry as we left the path

???

Kite display over St Bees beach
footix2
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:31
Wainwrights:61   

Re: St Bees to Sandwith on the C2C

Postby raykilhams » Tue May 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Footix2 . Nice report and pics :clap: , did the C2C about three years ago unfortunately the first day from St B's to Sandwith was so stormy we were being blown all over the place :crazy: , but by the time we got to Cleator the sun came out , thanks for bringing back happy memories :D I hope you don't mind a couple of our pics from that section of walk , weather slightly different from yours :lol:
DSCF1181.jpg
Rough Seas
DSCF1180.jpg
Steady as she goes
raykilhams
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:5
Fionas:4   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland