walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - King Creek Ridge (The Ascent from Hell)

Canada - King Creek Ridge (The Ascent from Hell)

by ChrisW » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Date walked: 16/07/2013

Time taken: 3.5

Distance: 7.8 km

Ascent: 738m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - King Creek Ridge (The Ascent from Hell)

Postby litljortindan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Amazing scenery. Thanks for telling us more about Canada.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:153   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby ChrisW » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:47 am

L-Hiking wrote:Chris Great to see you are back, the photos are of a high class as always. Hoping to see a few more reports and pictures, they put my Kodak ones to shame :lol:

Cheers LH, it's good to be back at it....hoping to get out again tomorrow if I get done lunchtime :wink:
DaveB1 wrote:Great to see your'e back Chris. I like many others were wondering if you'd managed to lose yourself in these stunning Rockies :lol: :lol: Please keep the reports coming, the landscape is stunning, the wildlife different and the photography superb. Dave

Thanks Dave, I can't wait to spend more time on the tops and less wandering around in waders :lol:
Mountainlove wrote:Oh wow the pictures just so unreal! Amazing countryside and that walk sounds just so amazing! Would love to see chipmunks...can you bring a few along next time you come to Scotland? :lol: :lol:
You must be happy to be out again :D :D

Thanks ML, I love the chipmunks. People around here seem to treat then as 'just rodents' but they are so cute and always brave too.
malky_c wrote:Great return, and some of the most impressive scenery I've seen in your Canadian reports 8)
Cheers Malky, this one is a cracker....the initial ascent would have been right up your street (get it done and get up there) ....got to say it really did work me.....I blame the long lay off :lol:
Merry-walker wrote:Welcome back pal. Missed you. Absolutely stunning scenery. Your photos are brilliant Chis despite using a Canon ? :wink: I can see how it would be a favorite to me like Lochnagar was when we got up there
:lol: Cheers MW, I have to use Canon because they're better than those Nikon things :lol:
litljortindan wrote:Amazing scenery. Thanks for telling us more about Canada.

Thanks litljortindan, the scenery around here is absolutely stunning.....no matter how often I see the mountains they remain breathtaking (no pun intended) :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby foggieclimber » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Good to see you back. Another cracking report with superb photography.
foggieclimber

Postby dooterbang » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 pm

That ascent sounds right up my street...think I tackled something similar in the Cairngorms at the weekend :wink:

Great report, great photos...welcome back.
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby ChrisW » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:48 pm

foggieclimber wrote:Good to see you back. Another cracking report with superb photography.

Cheers Foggie, great to back out there :D
dooterbang wrote:That ascent sounds right up my street...think I tackled something similar in the Cairngorms at the weekend :wink: Great report, great photos...welcome back.

Thanks DB, your weekend would have been too much for me, particularly in those conditions, this one steep beastie was enough for me :shock: I'm not as young as I used to be....or something :lol: :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby MarilynMunro » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Chris
So good to see you back, and in such style, bravo :clap:
Ive said it before you are a one man advertising campaign :lol: :lol:

Very well done on your selfless efforts in volunteer work
MarilynMunro
Mountaineer

Munros:43   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:4   

Postby ChrisW » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am

MarilynMunro wrote:Chris
So good to see you back, and in such style, bravo :clap:
Ive said it before you are a one man advertising campaign :lol: :lol:

Very well done on your selfless efforts in volunteer work

Thanks MM, on both counts. It would have been impossible to sit back and do nothing whilst having the time, the right vehicle and the physical capability to help out (well almost) :lol:
I enjoyed working hard for something more than money.....my truck did not :shock: .. :lol: :lol: Image
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby coachmacca » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi Chris - I follow your walks with nothing but Awe! I spent a very short time out in Calgary and Banff with relatives (still there) but at the time didnt walk/climb.(Oh how I wish i had!)

Well dont conquering your Nemisis and its great that you could help with the cleanup. :clap:

Your shots are stunning and it shows me what im missing! I must get back out soon! :) :) :clap:
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

Postby ChrisW » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:10 am

coachmacca wrote:Hi Chris - I follow your walks with nothing but Awe! I spent a very short time out in Calgary and Banff with relatives (still there) but at the time didnt walk/climb.(Oh how I wish i had!)
Well dont conquering your Nemisis and its great that you could help with the cleanup. :clap:
Your shots are stunning and it shows me what im missing! I must get back out soon! :) :) :clap:

Thanks Coachmacca, if you've got relatives out here you should be knocking on their door every autumn looking for a room :lol: I say autumn cos that's when the summer tourists have gone and the winter ones haven't arrived yet :wink:, I was in Banff on Sunday along with at least 1 million other people :crazy:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby coachmacca » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 am

ChrisW wrote:
coachmacca wrote:Hi Chris - I follow your walks with nothing but Awe! I spent a very short time out in Calgary and Banff with relatives (still there) but at the time didnt walk/climb.(Oh how I wish i had!)

if you've got relatives out here you should be knocking on their door every autumn looking for a room :

I might just do that! :D
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland