walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

In Bruges

In Bruges

Postby PauloUK77 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Date walked: 22/06/2007

Time taken: 6

Distance: 10 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

During the summer of 2007 the wife and myself made the most of one of the mini cruise offers from Hull which gives the option of visiting either Amsterdam or Bruges.
We headed for Bruges to explore the city described as the Venice of the North.
City walks are not a favourite of mine but with the design of the city and the medieval architecture it is something different.
In between all the narrow streets is a large network of canals that can be explored by boat.
Picture 013.jpg
St Salvators Cathedral

Picture 023.jpg
The Church of our Lady

Picture 025.jpg
Canals

Picture 040.jpg
The Provinciaal Hof

Picture 085.jpg
The Belfry

Picture 084.jpg
PauloUK77
Mountain Walker

Munros:2   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:28   

Re: In Bruges

Postby colgregg » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:54 am

I love Bruges it's a fantastic place and have done 3 of these trips with the car. Hope to go this month again (£84) on the 2 for 1 offer. Ghent, Ypres, and Ostend all within easy reach to split the day in two parts. I also like to spend an Hour or so across the Dutch border at Sluis before getting back on the Boat.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland