walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Brock Craggs and Beda fell

Brock Craggs and Beda fell

Postby hutchy1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Date walked: 20/10/2013

Time taken: 4

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After a bit or umming and arring over what to do today I decided to do my last 2 of the far eastern fells a nice easy and fairly shortish walk considering it was pouring down with a nice strong wind to go with it. got parked at Hartsop around 9 am and set of on the Hawes water track taking the left hand fork towards the filter house after about 1/2 mile decided to take the more direct if rather steep route straight up to the summit along side an old stone wall
P1010362.JPG
P1010363.JPG
I thought I may as well try and encourage the sun to come out :lol:
P1010364.JPG
heading down to Angle Tarn with Angle Tarn Pikes behind
P1010366.JPG
see I knew the shades would work positive thinking that's all 8)
P1010367.JPG
alas didn't last long and got another soaking back along the ridge and over brock crags on the plus side the wet grass did help me gain some speed bum sliding back down to the track :)
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:20
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Re: Brock Craggs and Beda fell

Postby Ibex » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Looks like the weather hasn't improved much since I left. Overcast with sporadic showers, sounds about the right description of my last day.

You got some nice photo's too. Really like the one of Angle Tarn. Looks great there, so it must look amazing in the sunshine!

I agree with you on the good old bumslide. Nothing like shooting down a steep slope and saving some energy.

Looks like your dog is enjoying himself as well. Every time I see pictures of people walking with their dogs it makes me want to get one. Never quite enough though!
Well done on finishing the Far Eastern fells. I have yet to complete a book, but i'm not too far off finishing the Eastern fells. Looking forward to getting into the far Eastern fells. Place Fell looks awesome. Can't wait to get up there!
Ibex
Mountain Walker

Munros:16   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:130
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Brock Craggs and Beda fell

Postby hutchy1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Angle tarn is lovely place in the sun I first went there on a glorious day got to admit I found place fell a little bit bland and the weather certainly hasn't improved getting worse I think ,
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:20
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland