walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

cap frehel to fort-la-latte, bretagne, france

cap frehel to fort-la-latte, bretagne, france

Postby blueyed » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Date walked: 29/10/2013

Time taken: 4

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

cap frehel is definitely worth recommending! it is a small bump on the cliffy peninsula. especially worth recommendation is a walk from cap frehel, along the coast to fort la latte (1.5hrs walk, each way). path winds up on beautiful cliffs, passes quiet bay... and on a sunny day it is just idyllic! the greens, blue sea water, violet and brown heather..

practical info:

to reach cap frehel we had to drive via frehel (village). the drive was longer than I anticipated but still I was happy we didn't give up. road passes 2 or 3 beaches (would be nice to visit them on the way back!)

car park, at the lighthouse is chargeable. I cannot remember how much exactly but it wasn't a shocking amount of money.

toilet: there is one at the lighthouse, the other one is at the dedicated fort la latte car park, THERE IS NOT TOILET AT FORT LA LATTE in the fort itself. car park is 15 mins away, but I advise to choose bushes -the toilets are just wooden shelters, no water, no hygiene at all, trillions of flies and smell for miles.

cap frehel

along the coastal walk to fort la latte

fort la latte

more info at:
http://around-scotland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/fort-la-latte-bretagne-france.html
http://around-scotland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/cap-frehel-bretagne-france.html

enjoy!
Ela
blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland