walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

LADYBOWER STROLL

LADYBOWER STROLL

Postby susanmyatt » Sun May 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Date walked: 15/05/2010

Time taken: 5

Distance: 19 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi to you all, out on saturday in the lovely area around Ladybower, a nice warm day and an area I like very much, also noticeable was the low water level.
IMG_3660.jpg
Ladybower area
IMG_3671.jpg
Gang photo while Jane gets her orders
IMG_3676.jpg
Strange rock formations
The next photo is a bird hide but my husband says it reminds him (as a space fan) of the Apollo 11 crew when they returned to earth, I think they could be the three wise monkeys :lol:
IMG_3679.jpg
Apollo or monkeys ?
images.jpg
Apollo 11 with tricky Dicky
IMG_3680.jpg
Strange rock formation ?
IMG_3682.jpg
Rocky
IMG_3692.jpg
Ever changing walking
IMG_3705.jpg
Beautiful
IMG_3706.jpg
Girls with Derwent Dam behind
IMG_3710.jpg
Derwent Dam
IMG_3712.jpg
Showing the low water level
The last photo is the memorial to the 617 Dambusters Squadron who practised here before the legendary mission to the German dams, flowers from recent VE Day celebrations.
IMG_3726.jpg
617 Squadron
Hope you all had a good weekend, look forward to your posts, best regards, Sue :D
Last edited by susanmyatt on Mon May 17, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Re: LADYBOWER STROLL

Postby GarryH » Sun May 16, 2010 5:36 pm

I suppose after some of your recent trips up the lakes Sue, you might consider this a stroll but 19k is still a
fair old trek.Don`t recognise the rock formations and miss your gps route to locate them,but thanks for yet
another report on the gangs escapades.Always look forward to see what you`ve been upto.
GarryH

Postby FloozySuzie » Sun May 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Exactly what i was thinking Garry :shock:
I walked 8 miles on Friday, and my legs are still feeling it.
FloozySuzie

Postby midgebite » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

The rock formations are actually a land slip, its called Alport Castles. I was born within a stones throw (literally) of Ladybower and now live within 3 miles of it, its still the best place in the world to me.
midgebite
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:2
Fionas:4   
Hewitts:2

Postby susanmyatt » Mon May 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Thanks Midgebite, the post was put on quickly hence the double photo and no map, it is a massive landslide unless its a pile of those stones you've been throwing from your house :lol: :lol: :lol:
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland