walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Bank Holiday stroll around Bath

A Bank Holiday stroll around Bath

Postby stevesey » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Date walked: 06/04/2015

Time taken: 8

Distance: 36 km

Ascent: 850m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A different report from the norm (almost an urban walk). Family commitments stopped me getting anywhere more interesting over the weekend - but I did spot the opportunity to join a local walking group on a circuit of Bath (C2C training for some of them). So thought I'd join them for a bit of training of my own. The walk "advert" didn't pull any punches - offering 20+ miles at a target of 3mph moving average - the result was a very closely matched group of 8. Very unusual to walk in a group that all walked at pretty much the same ace and never got strung out, as a result there was little stopping other than lunch and a coffee stop on a barge, and we managed a very good pace. Despite the lack of big ascents we still managed 850m and got some great views down into Bath.

track (12).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

If you wondering what the doubling back on the north side of the route is - I started earlier at a different point so I could finish earlier (timed it so I would be walking towards the group just after they left the meeting point).
stevesey
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   
Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland