walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Northern, North Western and Western Triple header (Part 1)

Northern, North Western and Western Triple header (Part 1)

Postby hooter2014 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Bannerdale Crags, Mungrisdale Common

Hewitts included on this walk: Bannerdale Crags

Date walked: 16/04/2015

Time taken: 2.5

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 606m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

What a stunning day it was on Thursday (16th). I'm having technology issues at present but hope to be able to post some photos in due course.

I would have to say Mungrisdale Common is not one of the finest "hills" the Lakes has to offer, in fact you need to be sure that whatever footwear you have is either waterproof or will dry out quickly as it was pretty much a bog from Bannerdale Crags across the common. Nevertheless once you get to its, err summit, there are some decent views of the Northen Fells and you kind of feel that you are in a bit of a fish bowl. That being said I won't be rushing to climb it again.

Again Bannerdale Crags is not one of my favorite hills but you do get some decent views of Blencathera. As above not one high on my list to repeat though.
hooter2014
Walker

Munros:6   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:214   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland