walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lingmoor and Nab Scar - Lakes Day 4

Lingmoor and Nab Scar - Lakes Day 4

Postby stevesey » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Lingmoor Fell, Nab Scar

Date walked: 12/06/2015

Time taken: 3.25

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 1000m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had planned the Kentmere Horseshoe for today before heading home - but the cloud had come in and I was going down with a cold - ended the previous day with a slight sore throat and woke with a vicious one.

So decided to pick off Lingmoor (behind the camp site) and Nab Scar (missed when we did the Fairfield Horseshoe as we ere staying in Grasmere so dropped off at Heron Pike).

Both were simple up and downs - similar levels of effort and despite my cold I (and the previous few days exertions) I actually felt good going up/down Nab Scar and started to wonder if I should have done something more (especially as the forecast had improved and there was little sign of the promised rain) - but the mountains will still be there next time.

track (16).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

track (17).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Photos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/106459429880001195754/albums/6160248397541178369

For those of you that know the coach turning area up the hill at Rydal Hall - a coach was doing a good job of getting itself stuck - having reversed back up side turning by the tearoom the front had grounded the front on the camber of the road and it was spinning the back wheels trying to get further back. Didn't hang around to watch - but the overhang and the front was significant and with little space to play with it looked like the only way we was going to complete the turn was by sacrificing some of it to the road!.
stevesey
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   
Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Lingmoor and Nab Scar - Lakes Day 4

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:27 pm

A short murky end to your trip Steve but enough when your throat has a hedgehog in it and you have a cold on top :roll:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland