walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Neuadd Horseshoe

Neuadd Horseshoe

Postby stevesey » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Cribyn, Pen y Fan, Waun Rydd

Date walked: 27/06/2015

Time taken: 7

Distance: 21.5 km

Ascent: 1200m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not that much to say about this standard circuit of the main Brecon Beacons. Bit of cloud around, some drizzle, overall a good day for the Brecons.

track (18).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Aisde from views (or not at times) and good company. The main event of the day was me taking a dive into a clump of heather. I moved to the right of the path and looked up to say good afternoon to a bunch of scouts coming the other way. I misjudged a clump of heather, it grabbed my boot, I staggered, almost held it, then was able to pick my landing spot in the heather and all was fine (I did remember thinking I hope there's no pointy rocks hiding in there as I shoulder checked it).
2.jpg
1.jpg
stevesey
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   
Hewitts:122
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland