walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge

Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge

Postby farazgla » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Date walked: 03/07/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walked the Yorkshire Three Peaks in 11 hours 5 minutes. Walked it as part of a stag party, so quite tired from the night before and a few pints of Old Peculier along the way, but great fun nonetheless.

Scrambling up Ingleborough had to be the highlight - great fun.
farazgla

Re: Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 pm

It's a great walk - the only 3 hills which are worth much in the whole of Yorkshire I'd think :lol:
mountain coward

Postby farazgla » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:36 pm

How about Scafell just over the Cumbrian border? Definitely going back to tackle Ingleborough again. What a rush!
farazgla

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Well there's great hills in Cumbria of course... which is why I spend all my non-Scotland time there :D To me, the Lake District has the best scenery and hills in Britain, if not the world!
mountain coward

Postby susanmyatt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 am

Congratulations, a great time, was fortunate to do this for charity last year, sadly weather was very poor, a great feeling at the end :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Postby farazgla » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks! Indeed, for a long time I've thought that the Lakes provided the best scenery in England. Mind you, I've not been to the Peak District yet. Will have to check in sometime this year.
farazgla

Postby GarryH » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:37 pm

farazgla wrote:Mind you, I've not been to the Peak District yet.

"Don`t hold your breath"
GarryH

Postby mountain coward » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:28 am

farazgla wrote:Thanks! Indeed, for a long time I've thought that the Lakes provided the best scenery in England. Mind you, I've not been to the Peak District yet. Will have to check in sometime this year.

The Lakes is still the best scenery - in Britain in my mind! :D I'm avoiding the Peak District to be honest as I have enough 'areas' to be going on with, with Snowdonia, the Lakes and Scotland!
mountain coward

Postby farazgla » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 pm

The Lakes are quite far from me unfortunately. I'll have to settle for the Peak District for my next walking weekend I think or head over to Wales.
farazgla

Postby walk aboot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Farazgla, have you got any photos? I've heard of the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge so many times now, I think it's about time I saw what it looks like :) .

Oh and congratulations on completing it :D .
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

Postby Derek T » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 pm

walk aboot wrote:any photos? I've heard of the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge so many times now, I think it's about time I saw what it looks like :) .

walk aboot,

Here is a link to my report from a few weeks ago that has some pics: http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4997
Derek T
Munro compleatist

Munros:22   
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:55
Wainwrights:100   

Postby walk aboot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks Derek T (missed that earlier report...finally left a comment :) ).
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland