walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

slovenia - soca river walk

slovenia - soca river walk

Postby blueyed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Date walked: 07/07/2015

Time taken: 2

Distance: 5 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

the best river bed / gorge we have seen in slovenia. famous, emerald green river soca. lovely forest where you can smell warm bark and resin on a sunny day.
thunder of the soca river, the smell, the wind, humidity, this is a multi- dimensional experience, one you will want to repeat.

i definitely recommend exploring velika korita of soca river (near bovec/trenta)
its absolutely marvellous

let the pics convince you

blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Re: slovenia - soca river walk

Postby ChrisW » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

That's beautiful Blueyed, I've been telling MrsW that we should be off to Slovenia for some time now.....this will help convince her (though she wants to wait until we are back in Europe :roll:

Fantastic photos of the river and pools and your description of the smell of pine resin in the air already had me thinking of summer.....and I've got a whole winter to get through yet :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland