walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Parlick, Fairsnape and Longridge Fells

Parlick, Fairsnape and Longridge Fells

Postby Broggy1 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Date walked: 06/12/2015

Time taken: 4.2

Distance: 24.6 km

Ascent: 993m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I was working for the storms on Saturday but had a free day Sunday and with what was looking like a good forecast for most the week.

I'd thought about the Lakes but the events of Saturday put paid to that and they also eliminated large areas of the Dales as well.

I thought briefly about the Peak but I don't know the area that well (outside of the main two) and would like to do a bit more research into the walks there first - meaning Bowland was pretty much my only option. However, I was again concerned about flooding on the main Trough Road so opted for an extension of my local walk yet again for the exercise.

First it was a double Parlick and Fairnsnape from Chipping.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_3092.JPG
Trig Point on Fairsnape Fell now painted with Red Roses

IMG_3093.JPG
Longridge Fell from the second descent of Parlick

Then a boggy Longridge Fell. Although I used roads the most I could to avoid this.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_3095.JPG
Looking back at the Bowland Fells - Parlick to Totridge - from Longridge Fell

IMG_3096.JPG
Beacon Fell and some of the floods in the area - nowhere near as bad as further up North.

Windy but nowhere near the gales from the day earlier with clear skies mostly. Saturated underfoot in places.
Broggy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:111   Corbetts:19
Fionas:5   Donalds:20+7
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:274
Wainwrights:214   Islands:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland