walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - Mt Baldy (north summit) adrenaline rush

Canada - Mt Baldy (north summit) adrenaline rush

by ChrisW » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:33 pm

Date walked: 09/02/2016

Time taken: 3.5

Distance: 5.7 km

Ascent: 873m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - Mt Baldy (north summit) adrenaline rush

Postby rockhopper » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:08 am

Another cracker Chris - I do enjoy your reports, just don't get round to adding comments every time :oops:
There may be plenty of foot and hand holds but that scramble does look impressive - as you say, not a place to fall.
Amazing how little snow you have over there compared to what we have in places here even down to relatively low levels - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Re: Canada - Mt Baldy (north summit) adrenaline rush

Postby ChrisW » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:14 pm

rockhopper wrote:Another cracker Chris - I do enjoy your reports, just don't get round to adding comments every time :oops:
There may be plenty of foot and hand holds but that scramble does look impressive - as you say, not a place to fall.
Amazing how little snow you have over there compared to what we have in places here even down to relatively low levels - cheers :)

Cheers RH, don't feel bad about not commenting, but know I'm grateful for the effort this time :wink: at least you find your way into this section...I've not strayed into the Scotland section for quite some time :roll: Our winter is insane this year with great temperatures and very little snow (by Canadian standards) long may it continue :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

8 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland