walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - Return to my Nemesis - Midnight Peak

Canada - Return to my Nemesis - Midnight Peak

by ChrisW » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Date walked: 25/02/2016

Time taken: 4.5

Distance: 11.8 km

Ascent: 914m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - Return to my Nemesis - Midnight Peak

Postby rockhopper » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:23 am

Good to see you got there this time Chris :clap: Great photos as ever - interesting that the ascent/distance on this walk would get you on a corbett or munro over here but what a difference in the view - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby ChrisW » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:23 pm

rockhopper wrote:Good to see you got there this time Chris :clap: Great photos as ever - interesting that the ascent/distance on this walk would get you on a corbett or munro over here but what a difference in the view - cheers :)

Cheers RH, it's always the same out here mate, 1000m or so of ascent will get you to 9000 feet in some places...I love it.
It is always tough going and very steep loose rock...sort of semi-scrambling all the time, hard graft but awesome. :thumbup:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby dav2930 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Spectacular. Brave of you to revisit the scene of your fall. It must have given you a great sense of achievement and satisfaction to complete the ascent this time without mishap! :clap:
dav2930
Ambler

Munros:244   Corbetts:14
Fionas:17   Donalds:52
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:164
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Postby ChrisW » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:44 am

dav2930 wrote:Spectacular. Brave of you to revisit the scene of your fall. It must have given you a great sense of achievement and satisfaction to complete the ascent this time without mishap! :clap:

Cheers Dav, it was nice to put that behind me to be honest...it was lurking in my mind until this ascent :roll:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland