walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - White knuckles for Sarah reaching Bugaboo Glacier

Canada - White knuckles for Sarah reaching Bugaboo Glacier

by ChrisW » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Date walked: 25/06/2016

Time taken: 5.5

Distance: 9.2 km

Ascent: 749m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - White knuckles for Sarah reaching Bugaboo Glaci

Postby Mrs Scoob » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Just awesome Chris 8) :thumbup: and yay for Sarah!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Now adding this to our wish list :wink:
ChrisW wrote:...Glad you noticed the the porcupine thing, I've never heard anything like before and it struck me as incredibly odd, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought it strange :lol:

It's maybe just a Purcell thing - we had the same in this area last year. Likewise, decided it was better to put up all the protection than risk not doing it. Heard a few stories of tyres being chewed, something about the salt off the roads I think :?
Mrs Scoob
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:28
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby ChrisW » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:38 am

johnkaysleftleg wrote:Wonderful photos as ever, love the one of the lilies. Well to to Sarah for overcoming fear to get up there, she'll be following you along knife edge ridges fighting bears soon :wink:

Cheers JK, not sure the mrs will be on a knife edge anytime soon :lol: but she has certainly upped her game this year :thumbup:

Mrs Scoob wrote:Just awesome Chris 8) :thumbup: and yay for Sarah!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Now adding this to our wish list :wink:
ChrisW wrote:...Glad you noticed the the porcupine thing, I've never heard anything like before and it struck me as incredibly odd, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought it strange :lol:

It's maybe just a Purcell thing - we had the same in this area last year. Likewise, decided it was better to put up all the protection than risk not doing it. Heard a few stories of tyres being chewed, something about the salt off the roads I think :?

Cheers Fi, Sarah is trying to reach your dizzy heights I think :lol: I'm not sure the porcupine thing isn't some kind of urban legend but I didn't want to risk finding out the hard way :lol: Looking forward to seeing you guys in September :wink:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby BlackPanther » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 pm

An absolute stunner! I could look at these photos for hours...

The Tooth reminds me of Welingtons Nose on Fuar Tholl, only a wee bit bigger :D
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:266   Corbetts:179
Fionas:134   
Sub 2000:74   

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 am

BlackPanther wrote:An absolute stunner! I could look at these photos for hours...

The Tooth reminds me of Welingtons Nose on Fuar Tholl, only a wee bit bigger :D

Thanks BP, I'm still storing up the memories :wink:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland