walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Canada - Life on the edge with Stuart & Fi ***FIXED***

Canada - Life on the edge with Stuart & Fi ***FIXED***

by ChrisW » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Date walked: 09/09/2016

Time taken: 6

Distance: 13.2 km

Ascent: 784m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Canada - Life on the edge with Stuart & Fi ***FIXED***

Postby ChrisW » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Alteknacker wrote:Sensational stuff, as usual, Chris, ably aided and abetted by the environment!! I'm going to have to give Canada a whirl sometime - my son is threatening to move there, so maybe fairly soon :D

Thanks for ***FIXING*** it. I was also one of the ones that also couldn't view the pics.

Thanks for trying again Alteknacker, getting the pics on has been a pain :roll: You should get yourself out here and sample it, there really is no substitute :wink:

johnkaysleftleg wrote:Brilliant pics once again, looks like a fab day was had by all.

Cheers JK........They enjoyed most of it :lol:

trailmasher wrote:Another great report and pics Chris :clap: :clap: worth waiting the six weeks mate :clap: That looks an awesome walk and ridge, great stuff 8) only 2 of your photos won't open for me but well happy with what I've seen :D and the colours are exceptional :clap:

Thanks TM, google switch from picasa to google photos has blown it for me :roll: This time of year is our very best for colour. The angle of the sun makes for rich blue sky and the golden trees really set it off...my favourite time of year by far 8)
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Alteknacker » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:52 pm

ChrisW wrote:
trailmasher wrote:.....and the colours are exceptional :clap:

Photoshop - he's well known for it... :D
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby scoob999 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:33 am

What a great report Chris :clap: It's always a great pleasure to see you and Sarah :D

And guess what, I forgot to film Fi almost damaging a bit I still need :wink: Still all good though :lol:
Can't wait to get home and get the video made, you always take us to the best of places :D

P.S we seen a white mountain goat! ran out in front of the car near Kaslo :shock: to quick to get a pic though :(

See you again soon.....somewhere :D
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby ChrisW » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:34 am

Alteknacker wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
trailmasher wrote:.....and the colours are exceptional :clap:

Photoshop - he's well known for it... :D

Jealousy gets you nowhere Alteknacker :lol: :lol:

scoob999 wrote:What a great report Chris :clap: It's always a great pleasure to see you and Sarah :D

And guess what, I forgot to film Fi almost damaging a bit I still need :wink: Still all good though :lol:
Can't wait to get home and get the video made, you always take us to the best of places :D

P.S we seen a white mountain goat! ran out in front of the car near Kaslo :shock: to quick to get a pic though :(

See you again soon.....somewhere :D

Cheers Scoob, great to share a day in the hills and good meal and a pint in town. I'll be looking out for the video being posted :thumbup: Glad you ticked the goat off the list, it was great to see you guys again, no doubt we'll do it again soon :D

Say hi to Fi and tell her I'm glad the video wasn't running for that moment :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby Sunset tripper » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 am

What a place. Great photos Chris :D
Sunset tripper

Postby ChrisW » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:59 am

Sunset tripper wrote:What a place. Great photos Chris :D

Cheers ST, this has been a favourite of mine since we got to canada and has become a regular :wink:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby Mrs Scoob » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:40 am

ChrisW wrote:Cheers Scoob, great to share a day in the hills and good meal and a pint in town. I'll be looking out for the video being posted :thumbup: Glad you ticked the goat off the list, it was great to see you guys again, no doubt we'll do it again soon :D
Say hi to Fi and tell her I'm glad the video wasn't running for that moment :lol:

:wave: Great report Chris - thanks again for being so awesome! :D 8) :lol: Almost got a 'full house' on the bingo card this year, only missing out on the moose as we saw a grizzly with cubs on the way up Idaho Peak! :D :D
Will take a while to sort through all the photos and videos (relieved not everything was caught on camera, ha!) but here's a few more from this hike :thumbup:
DSC08128.JPG
Cheeeeese! :)
DSC08192.JPG
DSC08224.JPG
heading for 'the wall'
DSC08254.JPG
DSC08271.JPG
on top of the world!
DSC08294.JPG
fabulous tour guide ;)
DSC08316.JPG
on bear watch :)
'til the next time... x
Mrs Scoob
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:28
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby past my sell by date » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Another great report Chris. Your Canadian mountains always look so "pristine :lol: Not a blade of grass out of place. Limestone hills both in the UK and Alps are always heavily water eroded and have moss and grass - the latter even above 3500m. I guess it's the bitterly cold winters, but they look as if they'd only been formed "last week" - though in fact I think the rockies are older than the Alps.
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Postby schalmers » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Looks amazing, Chris, and brings back happy memories of our trip earlier in the summer. Canada 2017 already in the planning!
schalmers

Munros:282   Corbetts:192
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:3   

Postby ChrisW » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Mrs Scoob wrote::wave: Great report Chris - thanks again for being so awesome! :D 8) :lol: Almost got a 'full house' on the bingo card this year, only missing out on the moose as we saw a grizzly with cubs on the way up Idaho Peak! :D :D
Will take a while to sort through all the photos and videos (relieved not everything was caught on camera, ha!) but here's a few more from this hike 'til the next time... x

Great pics Fi, loved having you guys here and look forward to the next time (when we finally work out where that will be I'll let you know :roll: ....I find myself rooting for the remain campaign :wink: )

past my sell by date wrote:Another great report Chris. Your Canadian mountains always look so "pristine :lol: Not a blade of grass out of place. Limestone hills both in the UK and Alps are always heavily water eroded and have moss and grass - the latter even above 3500m. I guess it's the bitterly cold winters, but they look as if they'd only been formed "last week" - though in fact I think the rockies are older than the Alps.

Thanks PMSD, I think the incredibly arid nature of this area in particular means the limestone doesn't get the same rate of erosion, other areas of the rockies have some really friable limestone (as I can attest after a couple of falls :lol: )

schalmers wrote:Looks amazing, Chris, and brings back happy memories of our trip earlier in the summer. Canada 2017 already in the planning!

Thanks Sue, if you're coming by this way again give us a shout and we'll have another go at a meet up :wink: though I confess we are currently 50/50 on staying here or moving to Europe after a very good offer from over there...another week or two before we finalise I think :crazy:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby A Drunken Taffer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Another absolutely fantastic walk and report Chris. Not envious at all! :shock: Keep em coming! :clap: :clap:
A Drunken Taffer
Hill Bagger

Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Hewitts:63
Wainwrights:124   

Postby ChrisW » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:42 am

A Drunken Taffer wrote:Another absolutely fantastic walk and report Chris. Not envious at all! :shock: Keep em coming! :clap: :clap:

Cheers ADT, not sure how much longer I'll be living here to keep these coming....northern Europe is calling :?
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby ancancha » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 pm

More awesomeness Chris :clap:
ancancha
Mountain Walker

Munros:84   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby ChrisW » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:06 pm

ancancha wrote:More awesomeness Chris :clap:

Thanks Ancancha, it seems so long ago....time I got back out there before winter really sets in :shock:
ChrisW
Rambler

Postby PauloUK77 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Wow Chris, these pics are making me want to relocate.
PauloUK77
Mountain Walker

Munros:2   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:28   

12 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland