walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Cornwall quicky

A Cornwall quicky

Postby ilovescotty » Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Date walked: 10/05/2017

Time taken: 4

Distance: 6 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I stayed in Cornwall for a few days earlier in the month with my girlfriend and a couple of mates. We did a walk from the village we were staying in (Polruan, near Fowey) to a stunning beach called Lantic Bay.

DSC_0204.jpg
View of Fowey from Polruan

Some really steep sections, but not a very long walk. Some of the best coastal scenery in the UK for sure.

DSC_0206.jpg
The start of the walk, perfect weather!

After about 20-25 minutes of very steep climbing, we caught a glimpse of Lantic bay. The closer we got, the bigger we realised it was. It is essentially a bay that is split in two, so you have a choice of two beaches. When the tide comes in, it is best to be on the right beach or you will be left stranded!

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg
Homing down towards the beach

DSC_0210.jpg
The view from the other direction. You have to skirt around the bay and back down some steps on the other side.

DSC_0213.jpg
My attempt at a faded background shot. Turned out ok I think

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg
ilovescotty
Munro compleatist

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland