walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Green Crag - Harter Fell

Green Crag - Harter Fell

Postby Phooooey » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Green Crag, Harter Fell (Southern Fells)

Hewitts included on this walk: Harter Fell (Southern Fells)

Date walked: 10/10/2010

Time taken: 6

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 797m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Great Worm Crag - White How - Green Crag - Crook Crag - Harter Fell - Wormshell How

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

A very wet and boggy trek across the fields heading up to Green Crag from Birker Fell road taking in all the high points along the ridge to Crook Crag, then an even boggier run through the marsh land between the ridge and Harter Fell.
CIMG3951.JPG
White How to Green Grag
CIMG3954.JPG
Damson & Green Crag
The path seemed very steep today in almost a straight line to the top although the legs were tired after pushing through bogland for most of the journey. :(
CIMG3960.JPG
Harter Fell

This however was nothing compared to the tiredness on the way back ! By trying to avoid climbing all the way back to the ridge top, I ended up in bogland almost all the way back to the car with very few places to put the rucksack down and take a breather.
It was a good job the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.
CIMG3962.JPG
Damson and a camera that didn't open correctly

Two more Wainwrights in the bag bringing my total to 36 I think since February / March when we got Damson, although I will be tackling these from Hardknott Pass if I get round to doing them again. :?
CIMG3964.JPG
Beautiful day and view
Phooooey

Hewitts:111
Wainwrights:214   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland