walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sale Fell and Ling Fell.

Sale Fell and Ling Fell.

Postby A Drunken Taffer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Ling Fell, Sale Fell

Date walked: 05/03/2018

Time taken: 1.5

Distance: 7 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Sale Fell and Ling Fell

Decided to do a shorter walk today and pick up two of the smaller Wainwrights left on the list.

I parked up by Brumston Bridge and followed the path along to the farmhourse before cutting up and onto Sale Fell. I followed the path up along the fence line until nearing the summit when I cut left and up to the summit proper. I then carried on straight across the summit following the path leading around and down to the road again.

From here I decided to walk the short distance on the road to the start of Ling Fell's Corpse Road. I followed this along the side of the fell, before following the path cutting up to the summit. After this I again followed the path leading straight off the summit and descended to the track leading back to the Corpse Road entrance. From here it was a simple walk back along the road to the car.

A nice easy walk this morning with warm sunny weather which helped greatly.

:)
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

A Drunken Taffer
Hill Bagger

Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Hewitts:63
Wainwrights:124   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland