walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ambleside Round

Ambleside Round

Postby susanmyatt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: High Pike (Eastern Fells), Red Screes

Hewitts included on this walk: Red Screes

Date walked: 22/03/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hello everyone, again very lucky, travelled with Paul and Sue up to the lakes to meet Alan and Steve who were having a boys weekend, also there were Bridie and Jayne so it was seven of us who left Ambleside and headed off up the Kirkstone Road. Having passed Snarker Pike we reached Raven Crag.
IMG_0793new.jpg
The gang

Pushing on we reached Red Screes summit at a height of 776 metres, great views over the tops and down to the Kirkstone Inn.
IMG_0794new.jpg
View down to the Kirkstone Pass
IMG_0801new.jpg
My summit photo
IMG_0810new.jpg
The gang on Red Screes
Just one photo to show that "boys will be boys", still some snow left.
IMG_0799new.jpg
Boys will be boys

Moving on along the Scandale Pass we crossed Bakestones Moss and then we had the climb up to High Pike. As I said in my last post we are in training for a sponsored walk for the Donna Louise Trust and we met some great people who gave up their shrapnel there on the hill for a great cause, we collected £11.40, many thanks to all of you. Never ones to miss a photo chance we saw this beacon or cairn near to High Bakestones.
IMG_0814new.jpg
There's always one !
Now it was on to High Pike at 656 metres, often walked as part of the Fairfield Horseshoe.
IMG_0817new.jpg
Me on High pike

Today was a special day for our leader, "Commander Conroy", sadly last week he lost a good friend, IN MEMORY OF CLIVE BROOKES, This walk was dedicated to the memory of Alan's friend Clive, who passed away suddenly at the age of 58 years "MEMORIES LIVE ON"The final photo is of Alan, a few quiet thoughts on the hill.
Attachments
IMG_0776new.jpg
Memories of some good times!
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland