walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Norway: Bensjordtinden - Overlooking Tromsø (with video)

Norway: Bensjordtinden - Overlooking Tromsø (with video)

Postby Karl Brobakk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Date walked: 02/09/2018

Time taken: 3

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 1168m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

What is the view like from Bensjordtinden?

I grew up in Northern Norway, and every time I return back home I go hiking. There are so many great hikes up there, and Bensjordtinden is a scenic hike overlooking the Tromsø region. This mountain is just a few kilometeres from where I grew up, but it has been foggy both times I have been up there so I do not really know exactly what the view is like. But the famous Peter Wessel Zapffe bragged about the view from Bensjordtinden almost 100 years ago...

Feel free to check out my video from Bensjordtinden to see what it is like when it is foggy :P

My hike to Bensjordtinden starts at 11 minutes and 20 seconds into the video. And if you have any questions about the hike then I would be happy to answer.

Last edited by Karl Brobakk on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Karl Brobakk

Re: Norway: Bensjordtinden - Overlooking Tromsø (with video)

Postby jmarkb » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for posting a great video! Hamperokken is definitely on my list to do next time - didn't quite get the weather for it this year.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: Norway: Bensjordtinden - Overlooking Tromsø (with video)

Postby litljortindan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Great stuff.
I'd like to return to Senja one day if my body permits.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:153   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland