walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

White out on Red Screes

White out on Red Screes

by icemandan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 am

Wainwrights included on this walk: Red Screes

Hewitts included on this walk: Red Screes

Date walked: 03/12/2010

Time taken: 5

Distance: 10.7 km

Ascent: 758m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: White out on Red Screes

Postby Glenrothes » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 am

icemandan wrote:The speed camera at Ings went in after a bad crash a few years ago involving a minibus and some daft overtaking.

There are serious accidents all over the UK which don't result in speed cameras being erected. On a straight piece of road with excellent sight lines from the junction, there should be no need for such measures - if drivers cant judge distance/speed, then maybe they shouldn't be driving - Speed doesn't kill, its the driver behind the wheel that does that!!!!

icemandan wrote:Incidentally the Watermill at Ings is an excellent pub.

I'll second that and my favourite is 'Wruff Night' which has got to be the best beer I've ever tasted, absolutely awesome!!!!
Glenrothes

Re: White out on Red Screes

Postby mountain coward » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:02 am

I'll third that about the Watermill Pub at Ings - from my point of view for the truly excellent food and I'll bung in a contribution from Richard for the beer!
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland