walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Holiday Walks

Holiday Walks

Postby susanmyatt » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Date walked: 06/04/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hello all, been away for the last week staying in our favourite cottage in Anglesey. weather was lovely albeit a bit blustery over the weekend.
IMG_3047new.jpg
Bryn Tirion, tranquility

We unpacked and set off for the County Top of Holyhead Mountain, where we passed a War Memorial
IMG_0845new.jpg
War Memorial

And, of course, I had to check how the gang were doing without me in the Peak District, a lot quieter they said :lol:
IMG_0853new.jpg
Are you missing me ?

Trig point on a windy top, Holyhead behind me, there's an iron age settlement and a roman fort ruins here, how did they go on without Paramo :D
IMG_0877.JPG
Holyhead Mountain

Sunday was a 7 miler through the Newborough Forest and along the beach towards the island of Llanddwyn from where we could see the snow capped tops of Snowdonia.
IMG_0922new.jpg
Snowless western peaks behind Llanddwyn Island

We visited the sea sculptured north west coast to a formation called Ynys y Fydlyn, here there were two large arches
IMG_0961new.jpg
Ynys y Fydlyn

The sheep were feeding on the beach, can remember seeing this happening on Restoration, was it the Isle of Lewis ?
IMG_0972new.jpg
If it's there, climb it !

Another nice walk was around the old coppermines of Parys Mountain, here the vast array of colours never seem to show up on the photos, nor does the massive size of the crater, some Dr.Who episodes were filmed here in the Jon Pertwee days.
IMG_1022new.jpg
Parys Mountain, coppermine trail

Our last day was a walk amongst the giants of the Ogwen Valley, just recalling my last visit made my knee ache again, that was when we did, Tryfan, Glyder Fach, Glyder Fawr and back via Llyn Idwal, what a day, Bristly Ridge, Cannon Stone, Cantilever Stone, Castle of the Winds and Devil's Kitchen, ouch my knee :lol
IMG_1081new.jpg
Tryfan

Finally, couldn't leave out a photo of the superb South Stack lighthouse
IMG_1124new.jpg
South Stack

Got home Friday so I could go out with the gang on Saturday, see next walk, thanks, take care, Sue :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland