walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Norway: The queens trail in Hardanger (with video)

Norway: The queens trail in Hardanger (with video)

Postby Karl Brobakk » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 am

Date walked: 22/07/2019

Time taken: 7

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1000m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

So many tourists do the hike to Trolltunga, what else should you cover while in the area?

Well, the area has a lot to offer. Glacier hikes, fjord view hikes, rib boat, kayak, via ferrata, and so on.

I have presented some other hikes in the area on my site, but lets talk about the queens trail now.

This is a great hike for fjord views. The hike goes from A to B so you will need transportation if you are not using two cars. The is a shuttle running, or you could hitchhike. You could start at either end, both have parking. Either way, you end up gaining a lot of elevation in the beginning, and loosing it in the end. I think going from North to South is the best option, ending up in Lofthus.

Feel free to check out my video from the hike:

Karl Brobakk

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland