walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Jebel Hafeet UAE

Jebel Hafeet UAE

by tango » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Date walked: 11/02/2011

Time taken: 5

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1240m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Jebel Hafeet UAE

Postby neilmci » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Also worth a drive down wadi bih from daid back to RAK. Off road explorer books show best route with gps coords and places to stop. 4x4 required as some parts of road are ruff between omani border post and uae border.
neilmci
Mountain Walker

Postby tango » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Neil, reference the car embedded in the barrier! thats a daily occurrence here :? , if you drive down the any main road in this country you will see some sort of crash!!. Everybody drives like it is the last hour on earth!!! :lol: , they ever have a mobile phone lane on the freeways..mental.. :lol:
tango

Postby neilmci » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Suggest you take a trip to ksa to see real driving. 10 times worse than uae. Almost everyday you would meet someone heading the wrong way on the motorway. We resortd to driving in convoy with headlights on full beam all the time. Until I got warned about it at a police check point
neilmci
Mountain Walker

Postby tango » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:14 pm

What is it with these people!!!!, i do know we have over 200 different nationalities in the UAE all taking different tests!! " i use that word loosely".. :) ,Mind you i have driven around Baghdad & takes some beating!! :lol: ,Nutters who just home in on you, & thats not the suicide bombers.thats normal citizens out shopping.. :lol: :lol: ....
tango

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland