walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for Munro buddy(s) summer/autumn 2021

Looking for Munro buddy(s) summer/autumn 2021

Postby OKbendone » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:42 pm

I am a quite fit and energetic man in my late 60s. I've done 230 Munros, so 50 or so to do - but most of these are rather remote and/or long days. I am free to walk anytime, but try to avoid poor weather, so only make firm arrangements 3 or 4 days in advance. Anyone flexible enough interested in a) just getting in touch to discuss or b) actually trying a day with me?
OKbendone
Munro compleatist

Munros:186   

Re: Looking for Munro buddy(s) summer/autumn 2021

Postby Broon2365 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi there, I'd be happy to do some, and can fit in days with short notice.
If you want to private message me I'm happy to exchange numbers
Broon2365
Mountain Walker

Munros:195   Corbetts:15
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:8

Postby snowen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Hi, I'm in Edinburgh, about the same age and would be happy to join you. PM me if you're interested.
snowen
Munro compleatist

Munros:178   Corbetts:12
Fionas:9   Donalds:40+15
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:7

Postby overloaded » Mon May 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi, I live in the South of England and will be starting early June to raise funds for SSAFA.
I will from time to time be looking for companions to walk/climb with me. I have some partners already booked and I am waiting for a few more. Not sure which dates as yet but would be happy to accompany you if it fits with my schedule.
I will only be up until end August and the same again for the next few years until I complete all.
I am 66 and fairly fit and the only experience I have had is: BenNevis 3 times, Scafell Pike, Skiddaw and a few minor bumps. :)
overloaded
Walker

Munros:46   
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   

Postby The Newbee » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Hi there, id be very interested, i have recently retired 60 year old, new to the hill climbing but reasonably fit and completed my first Munro (Mayar) if you are interested in then please feel free to PM me.
TY. Newbee
The Newbee
Walker

Munros:4   

Postby bernadettewalsh » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:08 pm

Hi, I'm a woman in my mid sixties, wanting to do the Forcan ridge and five sisters (Kintail) Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I've done 176 MUNROS but looking to up the scrambling routes. I have quite a good head for heights (I think!). If interested, please message me.
bernadettewalsh
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   
Hewitts:47
Wainwrights:73   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs