walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Newbie looking for a buddy

Newbie looking for a buddy

Postby suez26 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:05 am

Hi Everyone

I am looking to conquer some munros in the coming months. I did Mayar and Dreish last year and loved it! I was planning to go it alone, though my confidence is lagging a bit, hense why I haven't done any since. I have set myself the challenge of the 3 peaks in October and need to get the training in. I am 39 and of a decent fitness level. Any experienced munro baggers out there want to take me under their wing? Or any newbies like me also lookimg for a buddy, give me a shout 😁
suez26
Hill Bagger

Munros:25   

Re: Newbie looking for a buddy

Postby glaw5 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:41 am

Hi there. Whereabouts are you based? Up north?
glaw5
Mountain Walker

Munros:21   

Re: Newbie looking for a buddy

Postby tigerburnie » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Going on your choice of hills you began with, if you are in the Angus area there are walking clubs with plenty of folk out walking, Friockheim has a club near me for a start.
tigerburnie

Munros:6   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs