walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Munro Buddy

Munro Buddy

Postby dotallan » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:14 pm

I am looking to bag more Munroes. If anyone is interested, I live in Edinburgh and have my own car- I am willing to travel anywhere. I've done most of the ones near Edinburgh and a few further afield.
dotallan
Munro compleatist

Munros:37   Corbetts:2

Re: Munro Buddy

Postby Dai S » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:55 pm

I would be interested in getting out to do some of the hills, I have become slightly becalmed the last couple of years due to lockdowns etc.but managed 8 Munros last year. I am busy most weekends until the end of May but after then I am mostly free. If this suits get in touch and we will see if we can arrange something, I also have transport.
Dai S
Stravaiging

Munros:149   
Hewitts:64
Wainwrights:106   

Postby Scottk » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:59 pm

I should be available after May. I am based near Aberdeen but looking to get further afield this year.
Scottk
Scrambler

Munros:31   

Postby Cerys » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:43 pm

I’m also keen in pairing up to do some Munros! I will be working in Edinburgh this summer, and have adequate experience up in the hills so am a confident hiker :)
Cerys
Hill Bagger

Munros:41   

Postby birdtomahawk » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:13 pm

Looks like a whole group are interested!
I am based in Dalry (male teacher, late 20s) and would love to join you for some munros if possible.
birdtomahawk
Walker

Munros:10   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:10   
Islands:30

Postby ChilliPepper » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:49 pm

A bit late to this post! But I’m based in Nairn 33 F and looking to tackle some Corbetts and Munros this year. If anyone’s looking for a buddy when in the area, give me a shout :)
ChilliPepper
Wanderer

Postby Bennie de Bakvis » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:55 am

Hey Dotallan,

I've got a trip coming up in september and I'm planning to do some (or all) of the Loch Lomond munros, if you're ever interested in doing a couple of em together please let me know!

Regards, Roy (the Netherlands)
Bennie de Bakvis
Scrambler

Munros:7   
Fionas:1   

Postby summerhill » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:30 pm

I'm close to Edinburgh with my own transport. If your still looking for hill walking partner pm me. I'm male in my 60s and have done 231 Munros so far. My aim is to finish this year.
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Munros:276   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs