walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Shenaval in May (Between 17 & 21st)

Shenaval in May (Between 17 & 21st)

Postby mountain coward » Thu May 07, 2009 12:22 am

I'm planning to camp at Shenaval from either Sat 16th (May) or, more likely, Sun 17 May to do the 'remote' Munros of: A' Mhaighdean and Ruadh Stac Mhor, and then Chlaidheimh, Beinn Tarsuinn, and the 2 in between (at work so can't look them up easily) - Stac something;-) Anyone interested? There's also the bothy at Shenaval... I have to return home on the Thursday (21 May)...
mountain coward

Re: Shenaval in May (Between 17 & 21st)

Postby bigbertie » Fri May 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Interested? ...I would give my left arm to be there, but unfortunately have another commitment. Have a great time - if the weather is good I shall be really jealous. (However I'm going on a trip to Knoydart a week later, so that may ease the pain!) cheers - bigbertie. PS don't forget the photos.
bigbertie

Postby Myth » Fri May 08, 2009 10:17 pm

I too would love to join, but quite apart from being too serious for me (I have to plan and struggle to walk two big days in a row these days) I'll be in Germany...

I'll raise a litre glass in your honour.
Myth

Postby mountain coward » Sat May 09, 2009 2:45 am

Well the photos probably won't be up to standard as I have to take a fairly automated camera as my trusty ol' Zenith is too much to cart as well as my camping gear so I'm taking my Olympus Trip 35 instead (a good camera but I'm not used to it nowadays). Have a great time in Germany and Knoydart - I'm jealous about the Knoydart as I haven't been there yet!
mountain coward

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs