walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for a Lothian and Borders walking buddy.

Looking for a Lothian and Borders walking buddy.

Postby BaileysButler » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:54 am

If anyone is around Midlothian, East Lothian or the Scottish Borders and would like a regular walking buddy please get in touch. I am looking to do some hillwalking with the long term outlook of Marilyn and Munro bagging. I will have my Labrador girl Bailey along on any walks, I have necessary gear (backpack, waterproofs, first aid kit etc) and I am available most weekends.
I have a lack of friends with the fitness or the desire to come along on these expeditions with me, would rather have some company and hopefully make some new friends along the way. I am 29f, and reside in Midlothian, can drive to other areas if required.
BaileysButler
Walker

Walk wish-list

Re: Looking for a Lothian and Borders walking buddy.

Postby Lauris » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm

I'd be interested but in the Loch Lomond area.
Lauris

Postby BaileysButler » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm

Aw wow lucky you! You must have some great walks nearby in the Trossachs, I would be interested in joining you some weekends as your area is really gorgeous :) you would likewise be very welcome to join me on walks around the borders and Midlothian.
BaileysButler
Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Lauris » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm

I actually live in the Falkirk area.

So either way is not too far for me.

I am going to the cairngorms this Sunday.

I am quite in a similar "boat" as you.

Usually, do solo hikes, walks.

I would be looking for at least 6+ hours of walking, so at least its worth to drive :D

So, if you're up for it,

You can come here next weekend maybe Ochil hills to start with.

Or I can come to Lothians, I honestly don't mind.
Lauris

Postby BaileysButler » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Yeh that sounds great. I will private message my number and we can arrange things :)
BaileysButler
Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Ian Mitch » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:35 pm

You may be sorted ....
But I'm on fringes of Pentlands, Edinburgh side and regularly walking there (especially with restrictions)
Very happy for company - especially a dog! - any time you out that way
Ian Mitch
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:141
Fionas:7   Donalds:22

Postby Marleebsto » Sun May 02, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi all,
If you are still interested, I am looking for a walking buddy. I live in Edinburgh and most of my weekends I spend hiking, either near as the pentland hills or a bit further.
Let me know, if you are still looking. I am around 30.

best,
Mar
Marleebsto
Munro compleatist

Postby NorthernLite » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:02 am

Hi folks,
I know this is very late to the party, but I'm also around Falkirk area and looking to get out to the hills more. Been staring at the Ochils for months thinking I should get myself up them, and continue on with bagging those Munros! (Only have about 10 done so far).

I'm 39, relatively fit, I run regularly. I don't have any ropes experience, but do take walking seriously alongside the joy of getting out in the open. If anyone is still out there and looking for a pal before the weather requires crampons, get in touch.

:)
NorthernLite
Hill Bagger

Munros:9   Corbetts:1

Postby paul68 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:07 am

Hi

I am often around the borders at end of the week with work; would really like to tag along with some one or a group of people

Paul
paul68
Mountain Walker

Postby marksmith186 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:12 am

Hi,

I’m in a similar position to yourself. I live in the West Lothian area and usually solo home. I’m 34, male, and the pup is too young to be doing any hikes so some canine company would be ideal as well! Just coming back from 3 injuries one after the other so fitness is a work in progress. I’ve completed 34 Munro’s and a few Donald’s/Graham’s. Work shifts so availability is different most weeks but let me know if you want to arrange a walk 👍🏻

Mark
marksmith186

Munros:66   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:6

Postby summerhill » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:33 am

If your still looking for a walking buddy I'm in Musselburgh. Male 66 with 276 Munros in the bag.
summerhill
Munro compleatist

Munros:276   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs