walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for a walking buddy

Looking for a walking buddy

Postby Fiennes » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Any oldies out there who would like to meet up to do some walking, I live in Inverness and currently try to get a Corbett type walk each week, but would like to get fitter. I am 70year old lady, have transport and recently went off to Skye with my tent, so a bit of camping and exploring is also on the cards. I try to do a reasonable pace but prefer tracks to rough ground.
Fiennes
Ambler

Re: Looking for a walking buddy

Postby devondebs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 am

Hi,

I am interested to meet up at some point as love camping and am happy to walk some Corbetts. Wouldn't call myself an oldy though.😁 I normally take my camera and a wee dog.

I live in the Galloway Forest but venture up to Skye quite a few times each year.

Cheers,
Debbie
devondebs
Munro compleatist

Munros:117   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   Donalds:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Postby Fiennes » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:38 am

Hi Debbie, nice to hear from you, deffo give me a shout when next up north, bit chilly for camping at moment, but certainly keen to do more next year
Fiennes
Ambler

Postby devondebs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi,

I have been camping on Skye in late March before and had some wonderful hill days. Will be in touch nearer the time, but if you have plans before that just let me know.

Cheers,
Debbie
devondebs
Munro compleatist

Munros:117   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   Donalds:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs