walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Skye Guide, Summer 2011

Skye Guide, Summer 2011

Postby welshwalker » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 am

I want to do some walking in Skye over the Summer and would like to do so with a guide, esp for the Inn Pinn. Can anyone recommend a guide from experience?

I don't drive and plan to take train up and then bus across, is it normally poss to get a lift to the munros with the people guiding?
welshwalker

Munros:84   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   

Re: Skye Guide, Summer 2011

Postby stomper » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes Graham paterson I have him as a guide for end of May to do the whole ridge over 5 days for £300.00 Bargin. You can contact him at www.skyehi.co.uk I presume you are wanting the whole munro's or if not just try him and ask
stomper
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Donalds:1
Hewitts:70
Wainwrights:140   

Postby ianaird » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Or try mike at http://www.skyeguides.co.uk/

Friendly experienced guy.
ianaird
Rambler

Munros:125   Corbetts:8
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:4   

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 pm

ianaird wrote:Friendly experienced guy.

I am friendly and experienced,[for a given definition of "friendly" and "experienced"] having lost a drinking competition in Singapore. I could guide you, but have you a valid organ donor's card?
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby welshwalker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:36 pm

thanks! will call this week to work out dates.

Donor card? after this weekend's drinking I suspect my organs wont be worth much ;o)
welshwalker

Munros:84   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs