walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Munro buddy

Munro buddy

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Hiya everyone,
I’d love to meet people interested in bagging some munros with me.
I’ve taken a year off from my job to travel Scotland in my campervan and tackle as many munros as I can :D I’m 35 female, fit and relatively experienced at hiking, though not in winter (yet). Thanks to the van I can be flexible on when and where, and I generally try to follow the good (/less bad) weather around.
Let me know if you fancy meeting up for some walks!
Ashley
onlyyoungtwice

Munros:24   

Re: Munro buddy

Postby Walkinmyfootsteps » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:04 pm

I’m not up as often as I would like to be, work commitments hamper me being on the hills most weekends.
That sounds ace, a year doing that is an amazing adventure, fair play to you.
I’d be happy to join you one weekend and hit a munro or two, weather permitting!
Walkinmyfootsteps
Munro compleatist

Postby Bozza » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:42 pm

Hi Ashley,

That sounds like a fantastic way to spend a year! I'm hoping to be up in Scotland around Easter & definitely in the summer if you're still there & hiking. I'll be in the Cairngorms for at least part of the time.
Bozza

Munros:269   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:75
Wainwrights:98   Islands:1

Postby marksmith186 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:04 am

Hi Ashley,

Your plan for the year ahead is an incredible opportunity. Depending where you are and when I would be interested to tag along with you. I’m 34, male, based in lothians area, so far completed 34 Munro’s and a few Donald’s/Graham’s. Only really hike in summer so no winter hiking experience. Work shifts so not too restricted on availability.

Mark
marksmith186

Munros:66   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:6

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:18 pm

Walkinmyfootsteps wrote:I’m not up as often as I would like to be, work commitments hamper me being on the hills most weekends.
That sounds ace, a year doing that is an amazing adventure, fair play to you.
I’d be happy to join you one weekend and hit a munro or two, weather permitting!

Cool - give me a shout when you’re around!
onlyyoungtwice

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Bozza wrote:Hi Ashley,

That sounds like a fantastic way to spend a year! I'm hoping to be up in Scotland around Easter & definitely in the summer if you're still there & hiking. I'll be in the Cairngorms for at least part of the time.

Brill. I should still be about around Easter time. I’ve still got a fair few to do around the cairngorms.
onlyyoungtwice

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:22 pm

marksmith186 wrote:Hi Ashley,

Your plan for the year ahead is an incredible opportunity. Depending where you are and when I would be interested to tag along with you. I’m 34, male, based in lothians area, so far completed 34 Munro’s and a few Donald’s/Graham’s. Only really hike in summer so no winter hiking experience. Work shifts so not too restricted on availability.

Mark

Awesome! I think I’m only on 42 or so munros so still got many to go. Let me know when you fancy a walk! I can start posting on here when I’m planning a hike (tho often I don’t plan too far into the future).
onlyyoungtwice

Postby marksmith186 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 pm

Just let me know when you’re thinking of going a wander and we’ll get one sorted 👍🏻

Awesome! I think I’m only on 42 or so munros so still got many to go. Let me know when you fancy a walk! I can start posting on here when I’m planning a hike (tho often I don’t plan too far into the future).[/quote]
marksmith186

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:57 pm

[quote="marksmith186"]Just let me know when you’re thinking of going a wander and we’ll get one sorted 👍🏻

Weather looks great tomorrow, I’m aiming to head out - maybe up An Caisteal / Beinn a Chroin. Let me know if anyone fancies joining.
Ashley
onlyyoungtwice

Postby marksmith186 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:49 am

onlyyoungtwice wrote:
marksmith186 wrote:Just let me know when you’re thinking of going a wander and we’ll get one sorted 👍🏻

Weather looks great tomorrow, I’m aiming to head out - maybe up An Caisteal / Beinn a Chroin. Let me know if anyone fancies joining.
Ashley

Sorry Ashley only just seen your message. That’s a great walk, hopefully you get some great weather for it. Unfortunately I’d probably be into next week now for a walk
marksmith186

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:46 am

marksmith186 wrote:
onlyyoungtwice wrote:[quote="marksmith186

Sorry Ashley only just seen your message. That’s a great walk, hopefully you get some great weather for it. Unfortunately I’d probably be into next week now for a walk

No worries. Weather looks good for Monday too. Will drop you a message with my number in case easier to arrange over WhatsApp. Ashley
onlyyoungtwice

Postby rubyd456 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:19 pm

Hi are you free to walk the Ben Cruachan and Stob Daimh this weekend? Im 27 F coming from Glasgow, free this weekend to bag a munro.
rubyd456
Mountain Walker

Munros:12   

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:57 pm

rubyd456 wrote:Hi are you free to walk the Ben Cruachan and Stob Daimh this weekend? Im 27 F coming from Glasgow, free this weekend to bag a munro.

Ah I’ve actually done those two already. I was thinking about Ben Tulaichen / Cruach Ardrain for tomorrow maybe.
onlyyoungtwice

Postby FrankieD » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Planning Knoydart area 27 and 28 may if you interested.I'm on my last 30 or so but always happy to walk with like minded walkers.
FrankieD
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1

Postby MR-PURPLE » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:23 pm

I will be doing a few this year as well Ashley, more than happy to meet up and tackle a munro or two.

Also organised to do some organised climbs where we'll be camping out on this hills, which I'm really looking forward to :)
MR-PURPLE
Mountain Walker

Munros:53   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs