walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Munro buddy

Re: Munro buddy

Postby AmeliaJ » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:53 am

Hi Ashley
I’ve been looking for a Munro buddy and as I’m retired I walk the hills whenever the weather is conducive. I live within the Cairngorms and have climbed most of the northern Cairngorm Munros. I’m hoping to get 40 Munros under my belt this year and hope to go for the farthest away from my home, but open to suggestions. So definitely up for doing some together. My pace is slow on steep or scrambly sections but reasonably quick on long walk-ins. Walk Highland timings seem to accommodate my pace, but I take an hour or so longer than the SMC guide.
AmeliaJ
AmeliaJ

Munros:77   

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:19 am

FrankieD wrote:Planning Knoydart area 27 and 28 may if you interested.I'm on my last 30 or so but always happy to walk with like minded walkers.

Cool thanks - I’ll bear that in mind and see where I am nearer the time!
onlyyoungtwice

Munros:24   

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:22 am

MR-PURPLE wrote:I will be doing a few this year as well Ashley, more than happy to meet up and tackle a munro or two.

Also organised to do some organised climbs where we'll be camping out on this hills, which I'm really looking forward to :)

Sounds great! I’d like to do some camping out too - haven’t done that yet. I’m not sure how much hiking time I’ll get in February because I’ll be in Edinburgh for a chunk of the month doing yoga teacher training. But I’m keen to get up more hills! You can see the ones I’ve done at www.onlyyoungtwice.com 👍
onlyyoungtwice

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:26 am

AmeliaJ wrote:Hi Ashley
I’ve been looking for a Munro buddy and as I’m retired I walk the hills whenever the weather is conducive. I live within the Cairngorms and have climbed most of the northern Cairngorm Munros. I’m hoping to get 40 Munros under my belt this year and hope to go for the farthest away from my home, but open to suggestions. So definitely up for doing some together. My pace is slow on steep or scrambly sections but reasonably quick on long walk-ins. Walk Highland timings seem to accommodate my pace, but I take an hour or so longer than the SMC guide.
AmeliaJ

Sounds good! No worries on pace - I’m not particularly fast and in no hurry! I’ll be in Edinburgh for a chunk of February but still keen to get up when I can - you can see the ones I’ve already done at www.onlyyoungtwice.com 😄
onlyyoungtwice

Postby AmeliaJ » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:53 am

Not sure how to post a reply to a reply!

Ashley - I'm away second half of March, so serious hillwalking for me will have to wait until April. However I tend to get out when I can to check my fitness, usually on Meall a'Bhuachaille or Bynack More.

FrankieD - I'm up doing some Knoydart hills in May.
AmeliaJ

Postby Jon and Jen » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:06 pm

onlyyoungtwice wrote:Hiya everyone,
I’d love to meet people interested in bagging some munros with me.
I’ve taken a year off from my job to travel Scotland in my campervan and tackle as many munros as I can :D I’m 35 female, fit and relatively experienced at hiking, though not in winter (yet). Thanks to the van I can be flexible on when and where, and I generally try to follow the good (/less bad) weather around.
Let me know if you fancy meeting up for some walks!
Ashley

Planning on getting in 50 munros this season. Will be all over the country but no real concrete plans. Would be happy to link up if we are in the same area.
Jon and Jen
Mountain Walker

Munros:37   Corbetts:7
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:31 pm

Jon and Jen wrote:
onlyyoungtwice wrote:Hiya everyone,
I’d love to meet people interested in bagging some munros with me.
I’ve taken a year off from my job to travel Scotland in my campervan and tackle as many munros as I can :D I’m 35 female, fit and relatively experienced at hiking, though not in winter (yet). Thanks to the van I can be flexible on when and where, and I generally try to follow the good (/less bad) weather around.
Let me know if you fancy meeting up for some walks!
Ashley

Planning on getting in 50 munros this season. Will be all over the country but no real concrete plans. Would be happy to link up if we are in the same area.

Awesome - let me know when you’re about. I’m just back in the van this week after a few weeks in Edinburgh. Thinking about heading up Beinn a’ Ghlò tomorrow. Haven’t planned beyond that though!
onlyyoungtwice

Postby Maimoonah » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:37 pm

FrankieD wrote:Planning Knoydart area 27 and 28 may if you interested.I'm on my last 30 or so but always happy to walk with like minded walkers.

Do you mind if I join in on this? I'm on 47 Munros and have the Inn Pinn planned for July. Not having too many walking buddies has hindered my numbers but I'd love to catch up on q few further afield
Maimoonah
Mountain Walker

Munros:62   

Postby dotallan » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:51 am

Hi
I am also a Munro bagger and don't have buddies who want to climb them which hampers progress! I have done about 50 so far. I live in Edinburghvand have own transport.
dotallan
Munro compleatist

Munros:37   Corbetts:2

Postby K Armstrong » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi, are you still looking for munro pals?

I'm on 10, like a few others on here a lack of interest among my friends hinders how often I get away.
K Armstrong

Munros:39   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:2

Postby AmeliaJ » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:01 pm

Hi all
I am still looking for buddies. Thinking of trying to book a few days on Skye to do the difficult ones with a guide. If interested in joining me next year and reducing the costs, please get in touch. I left it too late this year. Also interested in doing the same for the Glen Coe hills.

I think the main reason this forum hasn’t really worked, is the dependency of going where and when the weather is fair, so it’s all very last minute. Perhaps those who are really interested could meet up at a central location and just go for a walk to get to know each other. This would also help when booking a guide as most are not willing to take individuals who don’t know each other.
AmeliaJ

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:56 pm

Hey - yes I’d be up for meeting up for some hills! I’m on 88 and based in Edinburgh now but still have a van so I can travel 👍

K Armstrong wrote:Hi, are you still looking for munro pals?

I'm on 10, like a few others on here a lack of interest among my friends hinders how often I get away.
onlyyoungtwice

Postby onlyyoungtwice » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:57 pm

Hey Amelia

That’s a fair point and I think your idea is a good one! I’d be up for joining a group and just agreeing a meet point and then we see how we go.

Ash :clap:

AmeliaJ wrote:Hi all
I am still looking for buddies. Thinking of trying to book a few days on Skye to do the difficult ones with a guide. If interested in joining me next year and reducing the costs, please get in touch. I left it too late this year. Also interested in doing the same for the Glen Coe hills.

I think the main reason this forum hasn’t really worked, is the dependency of going where and when the weather is fair, so it’s all very last minute. Perhaps those who are really interested could meet up at a central location and just go for a walk to get to know each other. This would also help when booking a guide as most are not willing to take individuals who don’t know each other.
onlyyoungtwice

Postby AmeliaJ » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:42 am

Looks like 3 of us so far. I’m in the Cairngorms but come to the central belt regularly for grandparent duties!
Ash is in Edinburgh
K Armstrong - what area do you reside?

If anyone else is interested, please post area you live in. We’ll then try to find a suitable walk which is central to the majority. I’m busy this month and November, so it might need to be a short walk and back to a suitable pub to chat. Will need local input with this.

Here’s hoping we get this going.
AJ
AmeliaJ

Postby K Armstrong » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:33 pm

onlyyoungtwice wrote:Hey - yes I’d be up for meeting up for some hills! I’m on 88 and based in Edinburgh now but still have a van so I can travel 👍

K Armstrong wrote:Hi, are you still looking for munro pals?

Sorry, missed these replies. I'm in Glasgow. Not got any winter kit or, more importantly, experience, so would like to get out in the next few weeks. Skye next year will probably be a bit beyond me, but happy to meet up for something regular.

K
K Armstrong

Munros:39   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:2

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs