walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Saturday 30 May - Sunny Highlands :D

Saturday 30 May - Sunny Highlands :D

Postby Myth » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm

I've got a solo pass valid for this Saturday only (eveyone else, apart from the dog, is doing something)...
I'm planning to get out and about, and preferably up high. Weather outlook is promising - anyone else at a loose end and fancy joining me for an amble?

Before I thought about posting here was looking up Cannich direction, or possibly Glen Gary, but anywhere within an hour or so of Inverness should be possible.
Myth

Re: Saturday 30 May - Sunny Highlands :D

Postby mountain coward » Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm setting off tomorrow somewhere in Scotland until Monday - don't know where yet. I've been playing 'Chase the Weather' this year where you set off the night before for wherever has the best forecast, sleep anywhere, stay until it closes in and then try to find better weather somewhere else. The East has the best forecast as usual so I may well be either going back to Glen Clova or Braemar. I would certainly consider doing some Munros in the Cannich area though so, if you decided you wanted to go there, you could always text me the day before on 07765 946791. Don't ring as I don't answer as it's always switched off - I check once a day...

That goes for anyone else planning anything else North-East-ish - send me a text if you fancy company - I will only want to do it if I haven't crossed it off my 'baggers' list yet though...
mountain coward

Postby maddjock » Wed May 27, 2009 6:50 am

sorry myth, I would normally be up for that, but im away photographing a mountain bike event in fort william that day... and have got something on pretty much every weekend until the end of July... :(
maddjock
Hill Bagger

Postby Myth » Wed May 27, 2009 9:47 am

maddjock wrote:sorry myth<...> have got something on pretty much every weekend until the end of July... :(

Same here - that's why I'm stealing the moment!
Another time.
Myth

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs