walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Places to stay for single night.

Places to stay for single night.

Postby SuperScotty90 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:25 am

Hi,

I am on a course with backcountry survival in August, I live in Kilmarnock and the course starts at 9am to prevent me doing a very early drive I am looking for a place to stay for 1 night the night before. The location is near Kingussie in the Cairngorms, I am more than happy to pitch my tent but equally a nice shower before the three day trip might be nice. Any recommendations of Esther BnBs, hotels or somewhere to pitch would be most welcome?

Thank you in advance
SuperScotty90
Munro compleatist

Re: Places to stay for single night.

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:57 am

SuperScotty90 wrote:Hi, I am on a course with backcountry survival in August, I live in Kilmarnock and the course starts at 9am to prevent me doing a very early drive I am looking for a place to stay for 1 night the night before. The location is near Kingussie in the Cairngorms, I am more than happy to pitch my tent but equally a nice shower before the three day trip might be nice. Any recommendations of Esther BnBs, hotels or somewhere to pitch would be most welcome?
Thank you in advance

In the interests of public hygiene and making yourself fit for appearance in public, try a yoof hostel at Aviemore or Cairngorm Lodge. Glenmore Lodge used to have a bunkhouse, I don't know if they still do. Then it's mere hop, skip and a jump down the road to Kingussie.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Places to stay for single night.

Postby Scottk » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:32 pm

There is also a couple of hostels in Newtonmore although one may be group bookings only.
Scottk
Scrambler

Munros:31   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs