walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Saturday 29th August & Monday 31st August

Saturday 29th August & Monday 31st August

Postby munrowalker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I'll be up on the hills on Saturday and Monday this coming weekend, Bank Holiday and all that.

If anyone wants to meet up to go for a walk.

My only condition is I need to be home sharp on the saturday as I've got to be in Edinburgh for 7pm as going to summat at festival.

The Monday however I'm up for a long day out if anyone else is!
munrowalker

Munros:163   Corbetts:7
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Saturday 29th August & Monday 31st August

Postby Stretch » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 pm

I would be up for both days, weather permitting. I've reserved a car from Enterprise for Fri to Tues and could even give someone a ride if needed, assuming they are relatively close to Fife or the Perthshire area. I had intended on wild camping (low level) if the weather is nice, but it can wait. Was possibly going to head back to Glen Etive for a try at Ben Starav, or even Creise. My other options were more of the Cairngorms. What did you have in mind?
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Munros:146   Corbetts:8
Sub 2000:2   

Postby munrowalker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 pm

To be honest hadn't decided at all what I had in mind, was just starting to research the now. Saturday as I say will have to be a quick one/two to make sure home in very good time.

Monday I'm easy osey.

I'm based in Armadale so easy enough to get up north.
munrowalker

Postby monty » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Dont know what you guys are planning but I am doing the following this weekend 29th August .

Beinn Ime, Beinn Narnane, Ben vane and Ben vorlich. I plan to cycle from Iveruglas and bag all four munros in quick time hahahahah. Its a good route which will allow me to bale out at various points.

Hopefully I can bag them all.

If one or more of you guys are fit and can cycle and run then come along.

I would be happy for kevsbald to come along but he has done these guys.
monty

Postby markpacker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 pm

If only I'd known......just bailed out of a trip up North, flight Bournemouth-Edinburgh (cost £2!) because of lack of any walking partners/bad weather forecast. Alternative plans to go to festival scuppered by lack of accomm. Have a good time! Up again Sept 16-21 if anyone fancies a hike then.
markpacker

Postby munrowalker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:04 pm

monty wrote:Dont know what you guys are planning but I am doing the following this weekend 29th August .

Beinn Ime, Beinn Narnane, Ben vane and Ben vorlich. I plan to cycle from Iveruglas and bag all four munros in quick time hahahahah. Its a good route which will allow me to bale out at various points.

Hopefully I can bag them all.

If one or more of you guys are fit and can cycle and run then come along.

I would be happy for kevsbald to come along but he has done these guys.

Cheers for the offer but done those part from Ben Vane and Ben Vorlich and keeping those for later in season, or maybe to do along with the cobbler.
munrowalker

Postby munrowalker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Here's the plan I think.....

Saturday: Ben Oss & Beinn Dubhchraig

Starting at 8/8.30am

Monday: Carn Dearg, Carn Sgulain & A'Chailleach

Starting at 9.30am

Happy for anyone to tag along. Will be picking one of my mates up on the monday at the Forth Road Bridge about 7.30am.
munrowalker

Postby Stretch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Might join you on the Monday walk as the weather (at this point) for that day looks pretty wet and the fences along that route might come in handy. Just picked up some new Scarpa's today so I'd like to get them broke in and see how they do. With that in mind I may try a fairly straightforward hill Saturday and with Sunday's forecast looking ok for some parts I may tackle the Cairn Mairg group.

Happy walking!
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Postby munrowalker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Stretch wrote:Might join you on the Monday walk as the weather (at this point) for that day looks pretty wet and the fences along that route might come in handy. Just picked up some new Scarpa's today so I'd like to get them broke in and see how they do. With that in mind I may try a fairly straightforward hill Saturday and with Sunday's forecast looking ok for some parts I may tackle the Cairn Mairg group.

Happy walking!

Sounds like weather might be rubbish on monday, but still gonna go.

If you're there cool, we'll be in a blue Mazda 3, one tall guy (that'll be me) real name: Gary Gray, and my mate Terry (confused Welsh/Essex boy).
munrowalker

Postby Stretch » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 pm

I'm still hoping they have the early forecast wrong for Monday :?

I've decided to give the Glen Shee area a chance tomorrow due to its close proximity. Winds are about 10mph less for that area, but 55mph still sounds rough. There's a chance I'll do the 4 Glen Lyon munros that you have already done a report for on Sunday. So if the weather and my legs hold up I will more than likely join you guys.

Also, define 'tall' for me, I'm 6'-7" :lol:

Andy
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Postby Stretch » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Hope your walk went well today, despite the wind. It was crazy on Glas Maol. I'm off to do Carm Gorm to Creag Mhor tomorrow and the weather forecast for Monday is still pretty horrible so at this point I'll probably catch you on another adventure.

Andy
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Postby monty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 am

HI Guys,
So much for my big plans. I parked at Inveruglas centre Friday night and didnt get much sleep. I set of on my bike when the rain stopped to cycle to the end of the valley path below Narneain/Ime at 0925 (5 miles). As I started to climb up the steep valley the winds and rain came back. As I got halfway up and near the top I encountered almost gale force winds and freezing hailstones. The place was a bog. Got to the top of Ime then Narnain then cycled back to the van. Weather forecast for Sunday and Monday is more bad weather so thats it for me this weekend.
monty

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs