walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

MWIS Evening - 12th November

MWIS Evening - 12th November

Postby Papagenos » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 pm

The Nevis Hillwalking Club have arranged for meteorologist, Geoff Monk, one of the men behind the excellent Mountain Weather Information Service to be our guest speaker on Thursday 12th November at 7.30pm at the Alexandra Hotel, The Parade, Fort William.

We all avidly watch the MWIS forecast in the days running up to a planned outing into the hills, although this summer those daily visits to the website have been regularly depressing! As part of their funding package from the Scottish Government, the MWIS has a role in “educating” those who go out on the Scottish mountains. However, I can promise that this evening will not be a dry lecture but an engaging presentation about how the daily forecast is prepared, what it means and how we can use the forecasts when planning our walks.

We would be delighted to welcome other interested hillwalkers to join us. Admission is £2.50 payable on the evening.
Papagenos
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   Corbetts:11
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:32   

Re: MWIS Evening - 12th November

Postby sloosh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Actually sounds interesting. Wish I lived closer. :)
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Re: MWIS Evening - 12th November

Postby Glenrothes » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Sounds like it will be an entertaining and informative evening.

I'm off for the four days starting on the Thursday 12th and is the weather is set fair, I need to get up north so will try and attend.
Glenrothes

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs