walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Beinn Dearg From Elgin tomorrow (24th Dec)

Beinn Dearg From Elgin tomorrow (24th Dec)

Postby davidmhodgey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:49 pm

The weather to the west was excellent yesterday (see photos below). More excellent weather forecast for tomorrow so I'm planning on heading to the munros are Beinn Dearg. If the weather doesn't look too great after Inverness I'll probably head to Ben Wyvis or Am Faochagach.

Anyone want to come? There's loads of room in my car, leaving from Elgin so I can pick you up anywhere between here and Inverness.
Attachments
IMG_1957 [50%].JPG
IMG_1937 [50%].JPG
IMG_1872 [50%].JPG
test_edited-2 [50%].jpg
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Re: Beinn Dearg From Elgin tomorrow (24th Dec)

Postby eharbottle » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 pm

David, Hi can't make tomorrow but good to meet you yesterday, great pictures, took me 20 mins and getting a tow to dig my car out!
eharbottle
Munro compleatist

Munros:263   Corbetts:8
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:16
Wainwrights:3   

Postby benno » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Would love to mate but Perth's a wee bit far away....going to try and get out somewhere in the South tomorrow instead.
benno

Munros:282   Corbetts:35
Fionas:16   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:31   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:9   

Postby davidmhodgey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:48 pm

eharbottle wrote:David, Hi can't make tomorrow but good to meet you yesterday, great pictures, took me 20 mins and getting a tow to dig my car out!

Oh no! I feel really bad now. I should have waited, I could have given you a push or something; sorry! That's you in the photo above from about a mile away. I have another sneaky one of you:
IMG_2033_edited-1 [50%].jpg

I also quite like this one from the start of the day:
IMG_1837_edited-forum [50%].jpg

I'll send you a link to my Flickr once I've finished editing/uploading them.

You joined Walk Highlands today and you've updated your Munros climbed already! You're quick on the draw! I can never be bothered updating it, I just write the dates of each hill in Havering McPish's book. I must have accidentally climbed loads of Corbetts. Hope you have a great Christmas!

To the rest of Walk Highlands... come on! Come walking with me! Weather like this is rare
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs