walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

WH 2014 SPRING MEET! **ULLAPOOL** 28/29 March 2014

Re: WH 2014 SPRING MEET! **ULLAPOOL** 28/29 March 2014

Postby Valerie » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi JP and Anne, looks like the Macleans may not make this meet after all :( :( :( It appears that the school holidays don't start until the next weekend, and if we have to wait until Bod finishes school before starting the drive we would be arriving very late on the Friday night. It's a long way to go for us for 1 day. Bod is going to see if he can get away a few hours early but that's not usually possible. Please put us down as maybe's and if by some miracle we do manage to come we will make our own sleeping arrangements.
Valerie
Munro compleatist

Munros:71   Corbetts:59
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:92
Wainwrights:191   Islands:16

Postby weaselmaster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Valerie wrote:Hi JP and Anne, looks like the Macleans may not make this meet after all :( :( :( It appears that the school holidays don't start until the next weekend, and if we have to wait until Bod finishes school before starting the drive we would be arriving very late on the Friday night. It's a long way to go for us for 1 day. Bod is going to see if he can get away a few hours early but that's not usually possible. Please put us down as maybe's and if by some miracle we do manage to come we will make our own sleeping arrangements.

This could be a problem for the two of us also - had hoped to get away from work on the thursday evening, travel most of the way up then and have all of friday for some climbing...Allison may not be able to get away from work til late on friday afternoon, which will make for a very late arrival friday night and less hill time :( Will still be coming up though :lol:
weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:277   Corbetts:217
Fionas:195   Donalds:73+30
Sub 2000:391   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Postby ceaser » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:25 pm

weaselmaster wrote:
Valerie wrote:Hi JP and Anne, looks like the Macleans may not make this meet after all :( :( :( It appears that the school holidays don't start until the next weekend, and if we have to wait until Bod finishes school before starting the drive we would be arriving very late on the Friday night. It's a long way to go for us for 1 day. Bod is going to see if he can get away a few hours early but that's not usually possible. Please put us down as maybe's and if by some miracle we do manage to come we will make our own sleeping arrangements.

This could be a problem for the two of us also - had hoped to get away from work on the thursday evening, travel most of the way up then and have all of friday for some climbing...Allison may not be able to get away from work til late on friday afternoon, which will make for a very late arrival friday night and less hill time :( Will still be coming up though :lol:

naebody ever heard of SICKIES :shock:
ceaser
Walker

Munros:90   Corbetts:52
Fionas:6   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Postby desmond » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 am

Desmond wishes to book two nights for the Ullapool meet, but does not know how to make the booking, and pay for it.

Can anyone rescue me please?
desmond
Munro compleatist

Postby Scotjamie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am

desmond wrote:Desmond wishes to book two nights for the Ullapool meet, but does not know how to make the booking, and pay for it.

Just a pm to jupe1407 should offer a quick mountain rescue Desmond. He kindly offered to organise this meet and is doing very well...apart from Inchnadamph being 25 miles from Ullapool!! :lol:
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby basscadet » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Scotjamie wrote:
desmond wrote:Desmond wishes to book two nights for the Ullapool meet, but does not know how to make the booking, and pay for it.

Just a pm to jupe1407 should offer a quick mountain rescue Desmond. He kindly offered to organise this meet and is doing very well...apart from Inchnadamph being 25 miles from Ullapool!! :lol:

Well if you had the choice, would you rather be in Inchnadamph or Ullapool?

Exactly - Inchnadamph wins hands down :lol:
:wink:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby jupe1407 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Had i not obtained this fine lodge, we'd have been staying in the SYH in Ullapool itself. Think this is a better option :lol:

Re previous comments from Valerie and Al, i'll leave you on the lists until your definites either way. Hope you can all make it though :D
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:52
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:6

Postby weaselmaster » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 pm

jupe1407 wrote:
Re previous comments from Valerie and Al, i'll leave you on the lists until your definites either way. Hope you can all make it though :D

Hi JP
I'll be there - the only way I'd not make it would be if weather's atrocious for the long drive up, so do leave me & SK on the list
weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:277   Corbetts:217
Fionas:195   Donalds:73+30
Sub 2000:391   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Postby Scotjamie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 pm

jupe1407 wrote:Had i not obtained this fine lodge, we'd have been staying in the SYH in Ullapool itself. Think this is a better option

basscadet wrote:Well if you had the choice, would you rather be in Inchnadamph or Ullapool?

A much better option JP, and wholly agree with BC (with the stunning view to Quinag). Gutted I can't manage the Inchnadamph Meet :wink:
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby jelena » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi, I am new here. Originally from Siberia, now I settled in Galashiels . I love hillwalking and I am very keen to go to Ullapool with you. Could you please give me a wee bit more information how usually it happens( should I be a member of something, how to pay for accommodation, how to get there.Do you have any car sharing facilities?)
jelena
Mountaineer

Munros:30   Corbetts:19
Donalds:3

Postby jupe1407 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:56 am

jelena wrote:Hi, I am new here. Originally from Siberia, now I settled in Galashiels . I love hillwalking and I am very keen to go to Ullapool with you. Could you please give me a wee bit more information how usually it happens( should I be a member of something, how to pay for accommodation, how to get there.Do you have any car sharing facilities?)

Hi Jelena, welcome to WH :D

You don't have to be a member of anything. Basically, 3 times a year a large-ish group of Walkhighlands posters meet up, stay in a bunkhouse, walk hills, eat good food and drink a small amount of whisky. These are organised by a "volunteer", in this case, me :lol:

Check the first post on Page 1 for full info about the accommodation etc. If you want to join us, you'd be very welcome and if so, PM me for payment details.

In terms of transport, I don't know if anyone else is coming up from the borders, but you could arrange to meet someone in Glasgow/Edinburgh or wherever and car share from there. The people on this site are great company and very helpful, so i'm sure someone will be able to help you out re transport.

In terms of getting there if you're not car sharing, basically head for Perth and the A9, follow it all the way up past Inverness, follow the signs for Ullapool. The location is about half an hours drive beyond Ullapool on the same road.
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Postby Johnmacdad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 am

I too have been pondering coming up for the weekend. I read these forums all the time but feel a little akward because I really dont post much. Kind of feel like an outsider looking in if you get my drift.
Johnmacdad
Munro compleatist

Munros:237   
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   

Postby jupe1407 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:33 am

Johnmacdad wrote:I too have been pondering coming up for the weekend. I read these forums all the time but feel a little akward because I really dont post much. Kind of feel like an outsider looking in if you get my drift.

I felt the same before the spring meet in Torridon, didn't really know anyone and had only posted a handful of walk reports. However, I needn't have worried, everyone is very welcoming. Whisky is dangerous though. :lol:
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Postby jelena » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm

[quote="jupe1407"][
Hi JP, thank you for your very helpful reply. I'd like to book a bed in the dormitory, please, but could you explain the meaning of "MP"?
I plan to travel up to Inverness or Ullapool on the Thursday evening by bus, have overnight there, and perhaps somebody could pick me up on Friday to take me to the Lodge. Also I'm hoping that somebody will be able to give me a lift back to Edinburgh on the Sunday
jelena
Mountaineer

Munros:30   Corbetts:19
Donalds:3

Postby jupe1407 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 pm

jelena wrote:
jupe1407 wrote:[
Hi JP, thank you for your very helpful reply. I'd like to book a bed in the dormitory, please, but could you explain the meaning of "MP"?
I plan to travel up to Inverness or Ullapool on the Thursday evening by bus, have overnight there, and perhaps somebody could pick me up on Friday to take me to the Lodge. Also I'm hoping that somebody will be able to give me a lift back to Edinburgh on the Sunday

Personal Message. It's OK, i've sent you one with the payment info.

Someone should be able to help with the transport. :)
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs