walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

looking for four walking mates

looking for four walking mates

Postby Rekrab » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:14 pm

heading to the cullins for april trying to organise a guide. price is 2-4 people £400 pound each for five day guide covering all the munro's on skye. now if we can get 5 in the group they'll knock it down to £300 a person i've got some people considering it but not yet any confirmed. i'm 100% going but i need at least one walking partner

guide is from skyeguides.com and if the weather is rubbish and we can't get up the hills on one of the days they just won't send us back to the lodge or tent, they'll take us out rock climbing or bouldering somewhere safer. it's alot of money i know but they treat it like a course and they are seriouse mountains and they have alot to teach.

i'm looking at five days around the 8th to the 17th of April i'm hopeing to get back to edinburgh for the 17th-18th
if we sort it now it gives you five months to save up the cash. i've spoken with the guide and he said it's a hard slog long and tough days and sometimes the weather can come in and it's not very nice, walkers must be fit and if you are slowing the group down the guide will ask you to not continue the following day fit fit fit fit fit is a must oh and keen!!!!

get in touch could be a great week.

MacKenzie,
Rekrab
Munro compleatist

Munros:85   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:45

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs